Chapter 2: The battle

"Well, come on you must rest a bit" Thunder responded to them and they decided to get ready to sleep for the night.

Dusk looked around and saw many Pikachus together. Most sleeping while some mingled with each other quietly to prevent waking the others.

He laid down under the big Oak tree and fell asleep.

Dusk laid down beside Lightning resting his back against hers. "Goodnight Lightning," he spoke to her.

"Goodnight Dusk" she spoke stroking the beige colored fur on his neck.

He blushed at her touch but smiled at how soft her paws felt running through his puffy chest fur. Dusk snuggled up against her a little closer.

Lightning felt Dusk move closer to her. His warm brown and beige colored fur brushing against hers.

Her fur felt so silky as he brushed against it. It felt so nice...He couldn't help but run his paws through it so he turned to face her. She was sleeping so calmly like a sleeping Mew.

"She's so beautiful when she sleeps," he whispered to himself. He wrapped his paws around her sleeping form carefully and rest his head against hers, closing his eyes and letting sleep take over his body.

The next morning, Dusk and Lightning frolicked through the long grass together.

Dusk laughed along with Lightning as decided to begin a game of tag with her.

He chased her and she chased him, each time they tried to tag each other.

Dusk was it so he used quick attack to close the gap tagging her but his momentum carried over as they began rolling down a small slope together.

Dusk laughed as they stopped at the bottom with his body on top of hers. She began to laugh as well. He calmed down and smiled at her placing his paw on her cheek softly.

He rubbed her cheek softly. "Hey Lightning?" he asked her. "Yes, Dusk" she replied back to him. He stared at her as their noses barely touch. "I wanted to tell you something..." he said quietly as he stared into her sparkling eyes.

"What?" she asked him.

He was about to graze his lips across hers, but he chose to tease her instead. "Tag you're it!" he says as he patted her cheek lightly and got off her. She got back up and ran after him.

He ran into the forest to hide from her when he heard the bushes rustle and froze.She ran looking both ways for him, when she heard the bush rustle as well, and ran towards it to see Dusk starring at it. She watched it as well as she started to quiver and shake in fear.

He turned around to see Lightning standing there quivering in fear. He beckoned her to move towards him and stay right behind him.

Her ears drooped down to the back of her head. The creature jumps out of the shrub in front of them; it was a Mankey. The bushes around them began to rustle and more Mankeys appeared one by one and surrounded them.

Dusk began to walk towards the Mankeys. "Stay behind me, Lightning" he whispered to her as he moved into a battle stance. Two Mankeys charged toward them as Dusk let them get close enough to hit them across the face with iron tail knocking them back. Lightning watched as Dusk fought the Mankeys one by one. One Mankey moves towards Lightning to attack her from behind.

Lightning's ears perked as she heard movement coming from behind her.She turned around to spot a Mankey trying to use a fury swipe attack on her from the back but managed to dodge it and shocked him with thunderbolt causing him to fall to the ground electrocuted. Dusk bites one in the face and chucked him away into another Mankey. The Mankeys began to back off from them. "Awesome job shocking that one Lightning" he complimented her. "Thank you, you did amazing too" she responded to Dusk.