Chapter 3: The return of destruction

Dusk looked around the forest for any sign of familiarity, but he had no luck finding it.  He had to take Lightning back home.  At least there they'll have a reference point to begin searching for that Infernape.

"How far did they take us..." Dusk asked himself loudly.  He saw an opening through the trees leading to a clearing.  "Hey Lightning!  There's a clearing over there let's try heading that way," he told her.

"Ok" she answered and they went into the forest.

They managed to head into the clearing and see they were on a hillside overlooking the forest.  Dusk was already upon them as the sun nearly disappeared behind the mountains.  He surveyed the area for a way back home for them.

"Wait, this place looks familiar to me, we're almost to my home" Lightning replied to Dusk happily.

Dusk smiled back at Lightning.  "That's perfect Lightning!  Let's cover as much ground as possible.  It's almost dark," he told her as he'd already mapped a path down the hillside.

"Ok" she replied. They continued walking until they spotted some lightning bolt shaped tails. "This is it! We made it!" she started to run towards her family.

Dusk ran after her into the village.  They made it at the nick of time before nightfall hit.

He looked around to see if the Infernape caused any damage to the village in their absence.

The village looked fine for now, but Lightning was worried about when the next day will hit. What if they woke up too late? What if the world was all statues, and they couldn't save it?

Dusk noticed Lightning was feeling distressed and he sat at her side placing a paw on her back.

She looked up at Dusk worriedly. "Will we be strong enough to stop Yveltal if he awakens?"

His face dropped a bit.  "I'm not sure..." Dusk said sullenly.  They sat in silence until they came to a realization.  "If we do cross that road, we'll need to find Xerneas."

Dusk still sees her worried expression.  "Lightning, I just want you to know that you and me together, we'll make it through this.  We'll stop Infernape from destroying the forest and turning everyone to stone." He says to her confidently."By awakening Yveltal and- "Dusk was interrupted by Lightning.

"Yeah, Xerneas can help us defeat a dragon type like Yveltal" she replied to him.

"Well...technically he's dark/flying but.... yeah," Dusk let out a yawn.

"Oh...." Lightning laughed giving out a yawn as well.

"Well we better get some rest" Lightning replied laying down.

"Ha-ha c'mon Lightning.  Let's get some rest," Dusk tells her as they had rested themselves to a nearby tree.

Dusk laid down beside her and wrapped his paws tightly around her.

"Goodnight Lightning," Dusk says to her as he nuzzled her cheek.

"Goodnight Dusk" she replied to him, just before she fell asleep.

Dusk watched her angelic face one last time before sleep takes over his body, sending them both to dream world.

In their dream, they woke up staring over the same outlook they stood on earlier that night.  The sky was a dark menacing mix of grey and purple as an ear piercing screech filled the air.  Dusk tried to look around to the source but his neck wouldn't budge.  Not even his eyes would respond.

"What was that?" Dusk said...or he would have said if his mouth would have moved.  "What happened to me?" he thought to himself.  "I can't move, talk or even...breathe?"