Chapter 7

Tris POV

David laughs out loud "Oh did you have a good dream? Did you forget about me? I'm actually hurt you forgot about me." He frowns "I thought we were getting along so well." I just stare at him, I can't believe it at all. I still can't believe it. How was I so stupid to believe a false reality? I feel a few more tears escape my eyes, it all was so perfect. All of it. I was going to be a mother, Tobias and I were safe and in love, everything was working out. "You can't forget me Tris." I hear and I look over at David, who has a devious look in his eye. "You can't forget me Tris, you can't forget about me. I am you. We are the same."

I shake my head "I told you David we are nothing alike. Nothing at all. I don't know how in your twisted head you convinced yourself that we are alike but I can assure you we are not. I care about people, I have people's best interests at heart." He shakes his head "I always had your best interests Tris. You could have saved so many people, created a new and whole generation. You could have done so much." I find the strength to get up, I can't give up now. "We're never going to be alike. You kill people." He laughs again.

"Tris you'll never get rid of me, ever in your life. Never forget that. I'll always be here. Watching... waiting." He starts circling me. I watch him carefully, this could be it. This might be it. I hold my head held high, no sigh of weakness. If I'm going to go out, then I'm going out strong. While he's walking around me I look behind him, there has to be something I can use to take him down with me. Something. That's when I hear a few beeps and I focus back on David, who is making direct eye contact with me. He has a phone to his ear and his smile grows bigger, "Perfect." All of a sudden a TV is wheeled in and I see a few different screens come up with different angles on each screen. I raise my eyebrow, "What is this?" David starts laughing "A few of your friends decided to show up." I freeze up.

Tobias POV

We arrive in the Bureau an hour later, I have to find Tris now. Knowing she's in there with a man who wants to start war is very unsettling, I can't let anything happen to her. Amar passes out walkie talkies to everyone and I place my earpiece in. I look at Elena, "Out of everyone you know the camera room the best, so I need you up there and find Tris and then let us know what room she is in." She nods and starts running.

Gunshots all of a sudden start going off and I see Elena fall to the ground. Amar calls out and starts running to her when I pull him back. The gunshots keep going off and we all start running. I make sure to keep my eye on Caleb and Christina, I can't let either one of them fall behind. I feel pain shoot up my arm and I look down and see I've been hit, I yell out in pain but keep running. I can't stop now. That's when all of a sudden I hear a loud boom and a huge force knocks me off my feet. I black out for a second, once I my eyes I see destruction. A loud ringing is in my ears, I look around but everything is still shaking.

I look over and see Caleb and Christina on the ground, I get up and run over to them. Nearly slipping on the debris on the floor. "Guys wake up... Wake up now." I start shaking them, no reaction. Nothing at all. "WAKE UP NOW." I order of them, we all have come so far. I take their pulse, nothing. Nothing at all. I look down and just cover my eyes, they are gone. The impact must have gotten to them. I hear a groan, I look over and see Amar slowly moving. I get up and run over to him. "Amar we have to get out of here now."

I help him get up and we start limping towards a free hallway, the only hallway not blocked off. We lean against each other, both of us managing to help each other stay steady. Gunshots start going off and the force takes me back, I feel pain again so I yell out in pain. I feel my breathing start to slow, not today. I start crawling towards the hallway, I look over and see Amar on the floor. No sign of life within him. I ignore it as I crawl more, that's when two guys walk over to me and I feel myself being picked up. I need to get to her. Her name is the last thing I say before darkness overtakes me.

9.12.16