Twenty Seven

Nancy started a chat

Nancy: Mike! Where are you?!
Mike: Me and El are walking home
Nancy: Well you need to hurry your ass up, I can't cover for you to mom and dad for much longer
Mike: I mean we're kind of lost 😁
Nancy: Mike! Come on
Mike: Okay okay we'll try and be there soon

The chat has ended

"Apparently Nancy wants us to hurry up." Mike told Eleven, laughing. Eleven didn't say anything. "Are you okay El?" He asked, concerned.

Her head snapped up. "Oh yeah sorry I'm just thinking." She told him. "What are you thinking about?" He asked carefully.

"I'm really sorry for the mess I made Mike. I really screwed up. I'm such an awful person." She said softly not making eye contact. "Oh El. Just because you made a mistake doesn't mean you're a bad person!" He said.

Eleven sighed. "I hurt Max. What if she's not okay? What if people know about my powers now?" She asked, sounding really worried. "I'm sure she's fine. And I don't think anyone else but me noticed it was you in the doorway." Mike told her, trying to reassure her. She didn't say anything for awhile. "What are you thinking about now?" He asked.

"I'm thinking...I'm really really tired. I haven't slept since the night before I ran away." She said. Mike laughed.

"Here. Hop on." He said squatting down so she get on his back. She hesitated, but only for a second before doing what he told her. Mike grunted and kept walking. "Am I too heavy?" She asked worriedly. "No! God no!" He said, "I just have little noodle arms." Eleven laughed softly before resting her head on his back. She was drifting off to sleep when Mike exclaimed, "Hey! I know where we are now!"

Eleven mumbled, "Yay." Mike cringed. "Crap El, sorry, I didn't mean to wake you up!" He whispered. "It's okay." She whispered back. Mike smiled. He couldn't believe how lucky he was to have the greatest girl in the world. He was also smiling because his house had just come into view.

Hey guys! Hope you liked this chapter! Love you all lots - Nora💖