Twenty Three

Tears streamed down Eleven's face as she pushed open the doors, running out of school.
She couldn't believe she did that, she didn't mean to. It just...happened. And now Mike. Mike was probably furious and wouldn't ever talk to her again.

Once she was out of the school she didn't really know where to go. She couldn't go home because obviously Mike would eventually find her there. She wondered if he even wanted her to live there anymore. Almost as if he was on cue, he came barreling through the doors Eleven came out of.

"Eleven! What the hell was that?" He yelled at her. Eleven didn't say anything, but tears cascaded down her cheeks. "Are you kidding me? You could've killed her? Why would you do that? She's our friend!" He screamed, his voice much louder. Friend. The word made the back of Eleven's throat burn. "Friend? She's not my friend." She spit back at him.

Mike took a few steps closer to Eleven, half expecting her to run away but she stayed put. "Why isn't she your friend?" He asked, more calmly now but definitely still angry. Eleven but her lip and tried to stop crying. "I don't...know. I just don't like her there's something weird about her." She said.

Mike glared at her. "You threw her against a wall, because there's something off about her? What, because you don't like her? Eleven you can't just decide that without getting to know her and you definitely can't throw anyone against the wall!" He said, yelling again.

Suddenly the tears on Eleven's face were gone. Her stomach bubbled with anger. "SHIT!" She screamed at him.

And suddenly, she knew she had to get away, fast. She wasn't crying anymore, she wasn't even mad. She was full of fear that she would hurt Mike, and that's last thing she'd want to do.

She took a few steps backward, and Mike said, "Eleven! Where are you going?" She shook her head. "No. I won't hurt you. Not again." Mike furrowed his brow and walked up to her, putting his hand on her arm. "I know you won't hurt me."

Eleven started to relax when she felt his warm hand on her arm, but tensed up when she remembered how Max probably put her hand on his arm.

"No!" She screamed pushing his arm away. She noticed Mike was crying, and that made her tear up but she didn't want him to see her like that again.

She started running, not knowing where she was going but she looked over her shoulder and said softly, "Friends don't lie Mike."

And then she was gone.

😬😬😬this story got so dramatic omfg. I hope you all stay with me haha. I promise I'll bring it back and not have as much drama after the next few chapters. Also, I've decided I like writing the in real life format much more than text. Let me know if you agree or want me to go back to writing in text. Love you!! - Nora💜