Thirty Five

Lucas let go of Max, and smiled at her. "Are you okay?" He asked. She nodded, "Yeah, thank you Lucas." He started to walk inside Mike's house, where he was originally going before he ran into Max.

Lucas stopped, when he noticed she wasn't following him. He turned around and she had a nervous look on her face. "Are you not coming?" He asked. She sighed. "Nope. Pretty sure Eleven wants to, and could kill me."

Lucas laughed. "What are you talking about? Come on." He said before dragging her behind him.

When they walked downstairs, Eleven and Mike were curled up together, watching the same show they were watching when Max came downstairs the first time. Eleven was relaxed against Mike's shoulder but as soon as she saw Max, she tensed up.

Mike glanced up and saw the two standing over them. "Uh hey Lucas. Max." He nodded at her.
She smiled awkwardly and Lucas looked around at them. "Okay honestly what happened here. Like am I missing something?" Lucas asked, obliviously.

"Max is in love with Mike." Eleven said nonchalantly without even looking away from the television. Lucas bit his lip and looked at the floor. Mike cringed.

"No! Eleven I don't love Mike! I had feelings for him when I first moved here, but they went away very quickly. Okay, Eleven, I understand you're jealous but you need to understand that I don't like Mike, and Mike doesn't like me. He loves you! Besides, I think I like someone else." Max replied, looking down at her feet when she said the last part.

Mike and Eleven shared a confused look, and  Lucas snapped his neck to look at her. He grinned and and Max couldn't help but smile back at him.

Eleven smiled. "So is their ship name Mucus or Lax?"

Everyone laughed, a cloud of peacefulness settling over the group with the many ups and downs.

😊😊😊 - Nora