14

Ezra's POV
When I was done work, I raced back to the apartment. I knocked on the door since it was easier than trying to find the key at the bottom of my bag. I got no answer. I lifted up the mat to find that the key was missing. That was odd. It was there this morning. I set down the bag and scrambled through my papers until I found the key. The lock clicked easily and I swung open the door.
"Aria!" I called out softly then it turned into a blood clenching scream.
Her body lay on the ground. Lifeless. I slid across the floor onto my knees where I leaned over her body. There was a note next to her. It was typed and not in her cute scribbly hand writing. I decided to read the note later and focus on her. Her wrists had been sliced and the bloody knife sat beside her. Her hair was covered in blood and blood surrounded her head as if she'd fallen. Her face was pale. I dialed 911 and while I waited, I sat by her side. "It's going to be okay Aria" I stroked her hair, getting my hands dirty but I didn't care.
"Don't leave me"
I heard the door creek and I turned around quickly, thinking it was the paramedics. But it wasn't. It was Mason and Hope. Mason still had his hand on the doorknob as if he was scared to move. Hope was already on the ground, sobbing.
"Daddy, what did you do to mommy?"