Chapter Eight: Dinner Guest

"Can't believe she's become a shell of herself. Cause she used to be a peal."- Katy Perry

Song(s) for the chapter: Pearl- Katy Perry

Paint a Smile- Jasmine Villegas

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

(2 weeks later)

"Caroline, Lottie tells me you have a boyfriend." My father said after I got back from taking Lottie and Dalton to school.

I really was hoping to avoid this conversation but there was no way I could "Uh yeah I do why?" I asked

"Well I was wondering when I'd get to meet him." he said opening up a beer and taking a drink.

I leaned on the counter "He's supposed to be visiting me soon."

"You know while you were away Andrew came to visit. I still don't understand why you two aren't together." My father shook his head "He's a good guy, Care maybe give him another chance."

Running my fingers through my hair I sighed "Dad, I'm happy with James he makes me happy, happier then Andrew ever did."

My father always talked about Andrew. He pretty much claimed him as a son. The thing is my dad never knew what Andrew use to do to me. I was scared if he knew he wouldn't believe me.

"Hope you don't mind but I invited him over for dinner tonight."

My worst nightmare came true I'd be looking at the person who caused me so much pain and agony for 6 years.

"I have to go meet Clara, I'll be home in awhile." I mumbled before grabbing my keys and walking out of the house.

Clara was waiting at Starbucks for me. She was sitting at the corner table we usually sat at.

"Caroline long time no see." Clara grinned hugging me "I hear you're dating James Franco. Details please!"

"Details later now we have a major issue. My father invited Andrew over for dinner tonight." I said and took my seat across from her where she handed a white mocha to me.

Her mouth opened "What the hell why would he do that?" she said angrily

I shrugged taking a drink of my mocha "He wants Andrew and I to like be together again."

"That's an idiot idea. Obviously you aren't that dumb to go back to someone who treated you so awfully." Clara shook her head.

I opened my mouth to say something right as my phone rang. I smiled seeing James's name on the screen.

"Who is it?" she asked eying me suspiciously

"James." I sighed happily

Clara smacked my arm "Answer it!"

"Hey I was wondering when I'd hear from you." I smiled

James laughed sounding like he just woke up "Busy two weeks, interviews and stuff. But I have forever off now and I was coming back home to New York for awhile."

"That's awesome when are you going to be here?" I asked bitting my lip

Clara was staring at me mouthing "What's he saying"

"Probably late tomorrow or early Wednesday I haven't decided yet." he replied pausing for a minute "I have decided one thing though. When I get there the first thing I want to see is your beautiful face."

"You're to sweet, I'll call you back later. I'm sorta with my friend Clara." I said

"Alright have fun, be safe. Bye Caroline"

"Will do. Bye James." I glumly said hanging up.

Clara had her chin in the palm of her hand "Well what'd the man say!" she asked.

"He's coming to New York either late tomorrow night or early Wednesday" I told her

"Oh that's so exciting." she squealed

Later that day I was stuck fixing dinner with Dalton. He was really quiet ever since I got back which was strange for him.

"Dalton are you okay?" I asked as he put the spaghetti in the pot

He nodded slowly "Yeah, why?"

"You've just been really quiet is all." I shrugged "No one is bothering you at school right?"

Dalton gave me a strange look "No. Care are you okay with Andrew coming over for dinner?" he asked

Looking at the floor then back up I avoided his gaze "Yeah why wouldn't I be?"

"I know what he did to you, you don't have to pretend around me. All those nights you'd cry in your sleep you'd talk as well. And scream waking up Charlotte and me." He explained

Sighing I finally looked at my brother "In all honest I don't want him here. I don't even want to look at him or be close to him."

"Dad thinks he's some kinda saint. He's way off on that one. Andrews a prick." Dalton said angrily

"Hey watch the language." I joked as he hugged me "I love you Dalton."

"I love you to Care. When is James visiting? I'd really love to meet him." he asked

Smiling at the thought of seeing James again I said "He's coming either tomorrow night or early Wednesday. Lottie,you, James and I will spend the whole day together."

"I still find it awesome that you're best friends with Seth but now you're dating James Franco! My dream has come true." he joked "Speaking of Seth when is he coming back to visit?"

I shrugged and handed him my phone "Call him and find out. I'm sure he misses you and Lottie."

Dalton went to my room to call Seth who was like an older brother to him. I remember when Dalton was nine and people were picking on him because our mom left Seth was there for him when Dalton came home everyday crying. A knock on the door pulled me out of my thoughts. Opening the door it revealed Andrew.

"Caroline, you look so different from the last time I seen you." he said smiling

His smile didn't work on me like it used to "I'm sure I would you haven't seen me in three years."

Closing the door behind him Andrew stared at me "Your dad tells me you have a new boyfriend,who is he?"

"That's none of your damn business." I harshly said

"I bet he can't handle you like I can." he smirked

Rolling my eyes I went back out to the kitchen to finish up dinner. When I was done I set everything on the table. Dalton was still in my room on the phone so I decided to let him be.

"It's nice to see you here again Andrew, I missed having another man to talk to." my father said

"He's not a man dad, he's a boy." I replied sipping on my soda

Charlotte was quietly eating watching everyone. I knew she was hoping nothing bad would happen tonight.

"Caroline be quiet!" my dad snapped then turned back to Andrew to talk with him.

Once I was finished and everyone else was my father demanded I get desert just so Andrew could stay longer.

"Why don't you go help her Andrew." he smiled then drank the rest of his beer.

I angrily grabbed the plates out of the cabinet and the forks.

"What's up with you Caroline? You're so angry and distant toward me?" Andrew asked getting so close to me that my back hit the counter "You never use to be like this. It's almost as if you're afraid of me."

"Get away from me." I said quietly

He stepped away and took the plates and forks out. After a few minutes I took out the cake.

"I'm going to bed." I said then slammed my door shut.

Andrew was so close to me and I was still afraid of him, no matter how hard I tried not to be I just couldn't help it.