Chapter Seventeen: Anger Issues

Song(s): Hate That I Love You- Rihanna ft Ne-Yo

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Sun burst through my room waking me up. For the past three mornings now I woke up to a quiet house. Dalton was at school and James was in Florida I think. The only person I really got to hang out with who wasn't busy was Dave.

For three days now I took my shower, brushed my hair and teeth, did my make up then got dressed. Today I decided on dark blue jean shorts, a button up loose white blouse and my favorite red keds. My phone rang from my bedroom, running to it I jumped on my bed answering it.

"James how's Florida?" I asked smiling

"Hot,really hot. What are you doing tonight?" he asked

I looked at my red chipped painted nails "There's that party Dave wants me to go to."

He hummed for a second "Right, I forgot about that."

"I miss you, when are you coming home?" I asked bitting my lip

"In a few days, I'll call you tonight."

No other words were exchanged and the line went dead. I sighed putting my phone in my pocket leaving my house for Starbucks. Dave was at our usual table with my coffee and a smile on his face.

"Did James call you?" Dave asked as soon as I sat down

"Yup said he'd be home in a few days." I said sipping on my coffee

He nodded his head looking at his hands on the table then back to me "He won't be here for the charity event tonight and I'm going in his place."

"Ooh fun, you get to dress up that's gotta be awesome." I smiled

"I know we had plans so maybe you'd want to come with me? You know for James?" he suggested

I thought about it for a moment "Sounds fun, yeah I'll go."

"Really?" Dave asked a shocked expression on his face

A laugh passed my lips "Yeah, you aren't the worst company in the world Dave."

"Good to know." he laughed

At nine I found myself sitting at a charity event wearing a gold dress that had beads on it and came above my knees, gold shoes and my hair up in a bun. From the time I left Starbucks I managed to get my hair cut and it actually was better then my curly long hair. Now I had bangs and my hair was straightened.

"You look like you're about to fall over." Dave whispered laughed

I smiled and shook my head "I'm just not a fan of speeches that's it."

I noticed Dave would look at his phone every so often then to me. Finally the speeches were over,music was playing and people were dancing.

"Come dance with me." Dave nodded to the floor

Shaking my head I let out a nervous laugh "I'm not to good at dancing."

"You're the worst liar ever I seen you at Seth's party."

I grabbed his hand which he held out for me and I walked with him to the floor. The song switched to a slow song just my luck. My love is like a star by Demi Lovato came on.

"We don't have to.." Dave trailed off rubbing the back of his neck

"No it's fine." I smiled softly as he wrapped his arms around my waist while mine were around his neck "I actually love this song. I can't have you back out on me."