8. Sexy And I Know It

Chapter 8

Just like Sam promised, he met me after class.  Actually, he met me after every one of my classes.  It was like he couldn't wait to see me because every time I'd walk out the door, he was already standing there waiting for me with a smile on his face.

A lot of people were talking about the two of us.  But hey, they weren't picking on me.  They were actually looking at me a lot, more often then I was used to.  But then again, they weren't used to seeing me without my glasses and my hair down. 

"Hey," he said when I walked out of my history class to find him leaning against the lockers on the opposite side of the hallway. 

"Hi," I said, smiling up at him. 

"So do you want to sit with me at lunch?" he asked.  "Or do you have a regular spot you it at?"

I smirked.  "Unless you mean in the library by myself, then no," I said.  "Though the librarian might miss my company a little."

He laughed and took my hand as we walked down the hallway.  Almost everyone noticed, including me.  It was like Sam didn't realize just what he was doing as we walked down the hallway toward the cafeteria.  I wasn't complaining, though.

Once we were there, he kept me close behind him as we walked toward the lunch line.  Again, everyone watched us.  You would think that they'd already know that Sam and I were friends since he met me after almost every class, but they just kept staring.  They were probably still wondering just why we were being friendly with each other. 

If only they knew just how we became friends.

Well, I really didn't want to be just friends with him, but I couldn't let him know that. 

Like the typical guy, Sam piled basically everything that they were serving on his tray.  I watched him as he did and he looked over at me a moment later as he popped a french fry in his mouth.

"What?" he asked, grinning. 

I shook my head, smiling.  "Nothing," I said. 

"I know what you're thinking," he said, grabbing both his tray and mine.  "But I am a guy."

I rolled my eyes.  "Of course," I said.

I followed him to the cash registers, complaining that I could carry my tray by myself.  Sam wouldn't listen to me, though, as he sat one down on the counter to dig into his back pocket for his wallet.

"I can pay for mine myself," I said, crossing my arms over my chest. 

He smirked as he brought out a ten.  I couldn't help but see all of the other tens, twenties, and even a couple hundreds in it. 

"You can keep pouting all you want, but I'm still paying," he said.

The lady at the cash register smiled at me and winked.  I shook my head again and smiled slightly.  He handed her the cash and we started walking toward the table that he and his friends always sat at in the corner after we got his change. 

  Tally, Ashleigh, Dimitri, and Aaron were pretty much finished eating.  Tally and Ashleigh had actually eaten, which was a rarity for girls at school.  They were playing around and listening to music like always. 

"Hey, Dani!" Tally yelled as we walked closer to the table in the corner.  Everyone at the tables around them looking in their direction and then looked at me and Sam.   "Sit by me!"

There were two seats between Tally and Dimitri.  Sam sat my tray down at the spot next to Tally.  She smiled up at me as I sat down next to her.  It was a little awkward the first minute or so, but then Tally spoke up.