10. Bass Down Low

Chapter 10

 After Sam and his friends finished their dance practice, we all headed outside after they changed out of their dance clothes.  They were all laughing and talking about Friday night.  Sam just looked over at me and smiled. 

"It sucks that you have to work!" Ashleigh said, looking over at me. 

I shrugged.  "I'm fine with it.  It's money," I said. 

We stood around for a few more minutes before everyone said goodbye and headed toward his Ducati.

"This thing again," I sighed as he handed me the helmet.

He chuckled.  "It's either you go back on this or I can get you a cab to take you home.  Which one do you choose?"

I raised an eyebrow.  "You're taking me home?" I asked.

He smirked then.  "Only if you want me to know where you live," he said.  "Then I can stalk you in more places than just school."

I laughed as I put the helmet on and straddled his bike, wrapping my arms around his waist. 

"So where am I going?" he asked, looking back over his shoulder at me. 

"Just head back to school and I'll show you from there," I said.  I smiled sweetly.  "And besides, my doorman wouldn't even let you up if I asked him not to."

He smirked again.  "Oh, you have a doorman, do you?"  he asked.  "Fancy."

"Yes, I do.  I live in the penthouse of a very nice apartment building.  Who knows?  I might be richer than you!" I said, and flipped the visor of my helmet.

He laughed again and revved the engine.

I didn't scream this time as he flew down the street and dodged the cars and taxis.  Okay, well, maybe just a few times.  But it's kind of hard not to when you think that you're going to crash into something...like a moving car!

When we got to my building, I got off before him and pulled off my helmet.  He pulled off his and just looked up at it, still sitting on his bike. 

His eyes made their way back to me.  "You weren't kidding, were you?" he asked.

I smiled again.  "Nope," I said, and handed him my helmet.  

Walking toward the door, I heard him get off his bike and run toward me.  Right before I reached it, Paul was there with a smile on his face, opening it. 

"Good afternoon, Miss Danielle," he said

"Good afternoon, Paul," I said.  I smirked back at Sam.  "Paul, this is my friend Sam Fitzpatrick.  He can be one of those few people who you actually let up, okay?"

Paul nodded.  "Certainly, Miss Danielle," he said, and then looked at Sam.  "Hello, Mr. Fitzpatrick."

I tried to laugh as Sam and I made our way into the elevator and pressed the button for my floor.  I finally let it out when the doors closed.

"Your face was hilarious!" I said, looking up at him.

"And I thought you were joking about the whole doorman thing," he said.  "Hell, you probably do have more money than I do."

I grinned.  "Well, when you're the granddaughter of multi-million dollar heiress, that pretty much makes you an heiress, too," I said.

He was quietly looking at me as the elevator doors opened and we walked toward my door.  I knew it was unlocked because Maria and probably even Grandma were there.  We walked in and smiled at Sam's surprised face at how big it was.