9. Do It Like A Dude

Chapter 9

"Heck to the no am I getting on that thing!" I said, standing in front of the school with my arms crossed.

"Why not?" Sam asked, grinning, as he swung one leg over his red Ducati. He passed me one of the helmets he had. I took it in my hands, but didn't put it on. "It's faster than driving or getting a cab."

I shook my head. "Do you know how dangerous that thing is?" I asked. "We could get killed!"

He laughed as he put his helmet on, keeping the visor up so I could still see half of his face. "You'll be fine," he said. "I've been riding this thing for forever now and I've never had an accident."

"I'm not doing it no matter how long you've been driving it," I said, rolling my eyes.

I could see that he was smiling by his eyes. He then turned it on and revved the engine, getting ready to pull out into the street.

"You can walk then," he said, revving the engine again.

"No!" I said as I walked toward him. He started laughing as I got on the back of the motorcycle, making sure my bag was on me securely so it wouldn't fall off. Sighing, I put the helmet on, my heart racing.

Sam looked at me over his shoulder and I could hear him laughing. "You've never been on a motorcycle, huh?" he asked.

I shook my head, which made it feel weird because I had the helmet on. "No, I haven't," I said. "It's a little scary...and we haven't even started moving yet!"

He laughed again, reaching behind him to grab my hands. He wrapped my arms around him, placing my palms right on his hard stomach. I flattened myself against his back and held on tight.

"You're going to have to hold on," he said.

"Trust me, I will," I said. I knew he feel my heart pounding against his back as he revved the engine once more.

Before I knew it, we were flying down the street. I was holding onto Sam so tightly that I was sure I was cutting off some of his air. I started screaming as he went faster, dodging the traffic and scaring the crap out of me. His stomach was moving and I knew he was laughing.

"Stop laughing at me!" I yelled as we flew down the street. That just made him laugh even more.

He continued to fly down the street, weaving in and out of the cars, for another five minutes before we stopped in front of a warehouse-looking building that was the dance studio. Parking his Ducati on the street in front of the main entrance, he got off and took off his helmet, grinning.

"How was that?" he asked, looking down at me.

I was still frozen on the bike as I shakily took off the helmet. "Kind of fun, actually," I said.

Sam stared at me for a second before he started laughing.

"You were screaming the entire time!" he said, still laughing.

"That's what he said!" we heard from the door. Sam and I both looked over to see Dimitri standing in the doorway, grinning. "Get your ass in here, Sam! We're supposed to start practice now! You can talk to your girlfriend later!"

Sam smiled as he helped me off the bike and took my hand in his. I looked over at him as we walked toward the door. He didn't say that I wasn't his girlfriend...but then he didn't say that I wasn't. Huh.

As we walked in, Sam called a hello to the woman at the front desk and then we followed Dimitri down the long corridor and toward the sound of a thumping bass coming from the room at the end of the hallway. Before we even reached the door, I could see Tally, Ashleigh, and Aaron playing around in the studio room. They were all wearing baggy sweatpants and tank tops, though Tally's and Ashleigh's were more loose fitting and showing their sports bras.