IX

[Comment as you read or answer the questions at the end. ]

Update: 12/8 it's a whole new chapter

I sat in the resturant with my mom, it was currently the next morning, and she decided to fly back and take me out to eat for breakfast. As we waited for our meals we, discussed my graduation and everything except for the letter. I was being real short with her because I didn't want to be anywhere near her since she lied to me. I have a little brother that doesn't even know I exist. It honestly hurts to know my mother would've kept something like that from me. She noticed my off behavior so she started talking about the letter. I haven't yet spoke about my little brother or the letter. I'm frozen and hurt.

" how do you feel?" She asked worried

I shrugged my shoulders, "Why lie"

She frowned but then stopped shortly, "I needed time"

"Answer my question" I said through gritted teeth

"I didn't lie. I just. Okay I lied jasmine but When you guys were separated your father was arrested. For several things including drug trafficking. Malaki was taken from me. However when the incident occurred he was out of the country. Your grandparents on your father side tried to take you from me because I was in the hospital at the time. But I recovered pretty early and was able to fight for your custody however your father didn't sign your birth certificate so it was pretty easy to keep you near me and in the country. Your brother was born in Honduras therefore he isn't American. I'm such an idiot to give birth out of the country. Your grandparents made sure they won custody and also ICE denied citizenship to your brother so I was lost. There was a restraining order against me it stated that I have to stay away from both you and my son until further noticed. But It was dropped when I won the case that regarded you but stayed for Malaki. They wanted to put you in the system but I somehow made a deal and gave custody to mya so I can keep you out of the system. Your father has no visitation rights towards you and I have full custody of you. I have no type of custody over Malaki and I have zero visitation rights for him. Your father ... your father is just evil towards me. So now I have zero communication with my son. Only picture I have of him is the one I sent you and im fighting to Atleast get a FaceTime call with him. Atleast hear my sons voice. I didn't want to tell you cuz I knew you would have wanted to see him but it's complicated. And questions would've came about at a young age with you and I wouldn't have been ready for the burden."

I just sat there, "you lied to me"

She said nothing

"You're always doing something to hurt me. You didn't come to my graduation, my first show in the first grade ... you know what fuck you" I was about to name all the events she missed out in my life but I realized she already knew what she had done

"Jasmine-"

"No" I said with folded arms, "if you don't wanna get embarrassed in public close your mouth"

She sat back and the food arrived. I said nothing more to her as we ate. As I was partially done she spoke

"I want to fix this jasmine . I want my children"

"Can I eat?"

"Just talk to me" she begged

"Can I eat?" I said ignoring her question

"I'm tryin-"

She kept going and a button switched in my head. I slammed my hand on the table.

"CAN I FUCKING EAT IN PEACE!"
The whole restaurant became silent. Movement became still. The moment frozen as people turned to look at us. My mom cleared her throat as Julius stood behind her to prevent everyone from noticing her. I picked up my fork and began to eat again.