ONE||Nice to meet you.

december 12, 1983

The cold wind swirled through the forest sending a shiver down Cassandra's spine. Her breath and condensing the second it left her lips. With a hawk-like gaze Cassandra looked up to the sky, the only bit of sunlight that made it through the layers of leaves and branches hit her face.
  A lonely owl hooted, the sound echoed throughout the dark forest. The wind made the leaves that had fallen from the trees twirl in the air, leaving an undescribable earthy smell.
An alarm-like noise pierced through the forest causing Cassandra to yank her head around, she twisted and turned trying to find the source of the noise.
She turned around once more, next thing she knew she was sitting straight up in her bed.It was just a dream. A sliver of relief washed over her after she gained some conscious. Luckily this one wasn't so bad. 

Her alarm clock still filling the room with noise.

She undid herslef of the duvet that was wrapped around her legs  and started rummaging through the drawers of a white cupboard.
  Her hands going through each inch of the drawers to find the thing she was so determinded on finding. After finally finding the object she had been so eagerly searching for. She clutched onto the leather bound book that was given to her by no other than Charles Xavier.
It was no ordinary book, it had no words in it or anything for that matter, it was totally vacant waiting for Cassandra to occupy its pages.

The first time she spoke to Xavier, he had given the book to her. Which was about two weeks ago. Cassandra had barely moved into the vicinity and Xavier already took her under his wing. He knew that she had gotten into some trouble before arriving at the X-mansion and he knew about her powers, which he wanted to know more about. When Cassandra told him that she had been having trouble sleeping he handed her the leather bound book.

  'Writing down dreams increases what is called dream recall, or the ability to remember dreams. When writing down dreams, the dreamer often searches for dream signs, or recurring themes that have been detected between dreams. Dream recall can vary from day to day but keeping a diary tends to regulate waking dream memory. It'll help you process your dreams.' He had told her. He demanded she wrote in it every day.

And so she did, though, she didn't just write, she drew in it aswell.
She was drawing the trees and the owl, she was quite the artist. She could draw very well.

Cassandra looked up from the inked on pages to find her roommate, Jubilee, awake and sitting on her bed in her PJ's still. Cassandra smiled at one of the only friends she had made in this school before closing her book.
The only other friend Cassandra had made was someone who was assigned by Xavier to keep an eye on Cassandra since Xavier was a tad too busy to constantly be looking out for Cassandra. That person was Alex Summers, even though Alex was much older than Cassandra, they somehow ended up being friends.

Jubilee on the other hand, had a lot of friends, she was good at making friends due to her bubbly and carasmatic character.
The walls between each dorm were thin so Cassandra would be able to hear to laughter from the room next to hers -where two boys called Scott and Kurt lived- whenever Jubilee's clique was there. They seemed nice, Jubilee had invited Cassandra many times to come and join them whenever they would do something fun. But Cassandra kept declining.

"Ready to get some breakfast, Cass?" Jubilee questioned, sitting on her bed across Cassandra. Cassandra nodded quickly before slipping into a dress and shoes.

"Was that your diary?" Jubilee asks as the two of them were walking towards the noisy kitchen. "Something like that, I guess." Cassandra said coldly. Soon they entered the crowded kicthen and waited in line to get their breakfast.