FIVE||Formal?!

december 13, 1983
During class Cassandra decided to ask around about the formal, and there was indeed a Christmas formal. Jubilee wasn't joking. Kurt said it was going to be his first formal here along with Scott. Kurt seemed to be extra excited as it was his first Christmas celebration. Cassandra just wished more people in the world were like Kurt, the guy really appreciates the small things in life.

That same afternoon Cassandra stood in front of the closet to pick a dress that was fancy enough for a formal, she owned lots of dresses but not the right one for something like that. "Are you busy?" Someone said and immediately she knew who it was, it was Kurt. "Not really." Cassandra answered as she closed the doors of the closet. "I need advice, Jubilee said you are very good at listening to problems" Kurt said to her. "I guess so." Cassandra said and giggled at the blue boy.

"You talked about the formal and I think I want to bring someone, but I don't know how I'm going to ask her." He said as he sat down on Cassandra's bed. "You mean bring a date?" Cassandra asked Kurt who had gotten very shy.

"Yes! Date!" He said, "Well who do you wanna bring?" Cassandra asked. "Jubilee." He said and his blue cheeks turned into a flustered purple as he spoke. "She is just so pretty! And very nice too, and when she smiles she is even prettier." Kurt said and the huge smile on his face was too cute. Cassandra sat down next to him and stared in awe at the boy who seemed to have his first crush. "Every time I see her I get a tingling feeling in my stomach, as if I'm going to be sick!" Kurt complained. "It's called love." Cassandra said to Kurt. "Love? Am I in love?" Kurt asked confused. "Seems like it, you definitely have a crush on her, that's for sure." Cassandra said while laying her hand on his shoulder and smiling.

"I think you should just ask her." She told him and his eyes shot up at her. "Are you sure?" He asked nervous. Cassandra nodded. "She'll love it!" Cassandra said, she felt like Jubilee would love to have a date to go with, especially someone who was as sweet as Kurt.

Kurt stood up. "Go get em', tiger." Cassandra encouraged him. Kurt just looked at her with confusion all over his face. "I am no tiger... But thank you for helping!" He said and with that he teleported away.

Cassandra still didn't know what to wear but she chose to do her homework first before looking at every dress in her closet again.

Cassandra was doing her homework for some time now. She couldn't quite concentrate due to the fact that the song that her and Scott had listened to yesterday was still on replay in her head. It was quite a catchy song.

Subconticly the melody of the song came from her lips. She wasn't even making homework she was just doodling on her course book at this point. The hummed melody soon changed into her singing.

"I ran" she sang considerably slower than the original, as she drew a beautiful rose, "I ran so far away."

"I just ran." she sang and skidded off of her bed. The song was now playing in her head it was like she could hear the music again.

"I ran all night and day."

Her feet slightly swayed over the wooden floor as she danced and softly sang.

"I couldn't get away." She kept dancing around her room as if no one was watching, there was no one watching, right? Well she was proven wrong when she saw someone leaning against a closed door when she turned around, it was Scott. She hadn't even heard him come in. Immediately she stopped doing whatever she was doing. She felt the heat built up in her cheeks and started blushing, she was so ashamed. She felt like someone had just caught her while committing a petty crime.

"How long have you been watching?" She asked. "Long enough." He said and grinned. "How'd you know I was here?" She asked him. "Thin walls." He said and smirked while he took a step closer and pointed to the wall. "You have a nice voice." He said while he made himself comfortable by sitting on her bed meanwhile Cassandra watched his every move.

"I was in fact going to ask you to come hang out with me and the rest. You in?" Scott asked her. She was about to answer when some sort of blur moved in front of her.

"Hey, hot stuff...And Scott." Peter said. "What is up with everyone just bursting into my room today?" Cassandra asked and giggled, totally ignoring the fact that Peter just called her 'Hot stuff'.

"Don't know, but ah, hanging out? Sure I'm in!" Peter said to Scott. "Nice dress, by the way." Peter said as his eyes went up and down her body, Scott signed in annoyance. "Thanks?" Cassandra said unsure what to say. "But, sure, let's hang out." Cassandra added and as soon as those words left her mouth she felt cold air blowing into her face and before she could even process what was happening she stood in the middle of a room full of people. She couldn't see who because her vision seemed to be spinning. She bent over, she felt ill from Peter's speed.

"Happens to everyone, let it pass." Peter said and patted her back as she stood straight up again. Scott came rushing into the room, seemingly out of breath. "Damn you, Peter." Scott said.

Jean, Jubilee, Storm and Kurt were all talking about the upcoming formal. It seemed to be everybody's first formal a Xavier's school. "Oh! Cass! Do you know what you're going to wear to the formal?" Jubilee asked as soon as she saw Cassandra. "Not sure, but I have plenty of options." Cassandra answered whilst sitting on the empty spot on the ground next to Jubilee. "No doubt!" Jubilee said and laughed knowing how much dresses you owned. "Jean, you should totally wear that green dress!" Jubilee said excitedly.

"Can we stop talking about dresses for a second?" Peter asked in annoyance. "Please." Scott groaned. "About what do you wanna talk then?" Jubilee asked Peter . "Well I've had a thought-" Peter said but was cut off by Jean. "You don't say." She said mockingly. "Well, the first X-men, they had these cool nicknames, so why don't we make really cool nicknames for each other." Peter said while sitting down. "Not all of us are X-men, just FYI." Jubilee said and glanced quickly at Cassandra knowing that the two of them weren't X-men. "So? You don't have to be an X-men to have a cool name." Peter said with a smirk.

"I'm going to be Quicksilver." Peter said proudly. "Because I'm fast and silver hair and all... Get it?" Peter said after a short silence. "We get it, Peter." Ororo said.

"Anyways... What's your name gonna be?" Peter asked whilst pointing at Cassandra. "Me? Oh, Uh, I don't know." Cassandra said and shrugged her shoulders. "How 'bout... Timer!?" Peter said and smirked. "Timer?!" Cassandra said and laughed while Jubilee literally face palmed, it was one of the stupidest names she had ever heard.

"I have an idea." Scott said interrupting the laughter. "Destiny." Scott said and smiled at her. "Damn you, Summers." Peter said mocking. "I really like that one actually!" Cassandra said and smiled brightly while Scott just admired the dimples that formed themselves in her cheeks.

"So, Scott?" Cassandra said passing the attention onto Scott. "What will your name be?" Cassandra said and looked at him curiously. "How about Cyclops!" Peter said trying to make fun of him. Cassandra didn't get why the hell he would be named Cyclops. "He has a visor that kind of makes it look like he had one eye, or something." Jean explained to her. 'Oh' Cassandra mouthed. "You know what Peter, I actually like that name." Scott said and chuckled. "I'm Nightcrawler!" Kurt said excitedly once the room fell a little more silent. Cassandra remembered him introducing himself as 'The incredible Nightcrawler.' A couple of days ago. "And you, Storm?" Kurt asked Ororo. "Well, Storm is already my nickname so... I'm sticking with it." Storm said.