EIGHT|| Formal Date

december, 14, 1983

     The day went by rather quick and Cassandra was already on her way to her dorm with a book pressed against her chest. She felt someone's prescense and turned around to see Peter reaching out his left hand to tap her on her shoulder. He just smiled at her with a faint blush on his cheeks. "Ah, hey." Peter said softly placing his left hand on his hip. "Hi." Cassandra smiled sweetly, showing off her pink chapped lips. "Okay, so I was wondering," He started, scratching the back off his neck nervously. He struggled to find the right words when she cocked her head to the side just barely. "What is it?" Cassandra asked and looked at him through her eyelashes. "Would you like to come to the formal with me?" Peter asked, "As in a date." His whole face was flushed red and Cassandra couldn't help but chuckle. Cassandra puckered her lips and looked around, debating wheter she should come with him or not.

"Sure." She replied. "Wait, Really?" Peter blurted out in disbelief that she had just agreed to come to the formal with him. "I mean, Cool, yea, see you there." He said trying to play it cool. Cassandra just laughed softly as he walked away before saying another thing that could embaress him. Cassandra turned around to continue walking, she bit her bottom lip trying to fight a smile.

With a smile still plastered on her face she walked into a dorm. Jubilee was already in the room and she sat on her own bed, studying.

"What happened between you and Jean this morning?" Jubilee asked out of the blue. "News travels fast around here, I see." Cassandra said sounding somewhat annoyed. "Spreads like fire, Cass." Jubilee said shaking her head. "Look," Cassandra said sitting down on her bed. "Jean did something to me this morning, she called me down there. She was the one who caused me to sleepwalk." Cassandra explained to her friend. Cassandra sighed and lifted up her head. "Why would she do that?" Cassandra questioned. "Maybe you should just ask her." Jubilee said sitting down next to the redhead.

december 19, 1983
Days passed and Cassandra still hadn't talked to Jean about the whole thing.  Not much had happened in the past few days. Everyday had been the same as the last for Cassandra; Wake up from the same nightmare, go to class, hang out with Jubilee and her friends, go to bed and repeat it all. 

"Have you talked to Jean yet?" The raven haired girl asked Cassandra. Cassandra's head shot up from her prophecy book. "No, not yet." Cassandra sighed closing the red leather bound book. "Why?" Cassandra added cocking her head to the side after she placed the book underneath her blue pillow. "Well, I think maybe you should talk to her, I mean, it's been days, Cass!" Jubilee told her friend. "She's in the danger room right now, go." Jubilee informed Cassandra and practically pushed her out of the door to go and find Jean.

Then, without realising where Cassandra was heading, she turned around a corridor and bumped into a gardian angel with gorgeous blonde hair and a half-smirk on his face. "Alex!" Cassandra sighed. "I need your help." She added quickly before Alex could say anything.

After Alex had agreed to bring her to the danger room he gave her a quick warning; "Do not go in there when they're training. Just wait here." And having said that he walked out of the maze of hallways. Just as his footsteps faded away , a new pair of footsteps came closer to her. "Cass?" Said a familliar voice. "Scott." Cassandra said before turning around. When she faced the boy she noticed that he wasn't wearing his worn out leather jacket, nor was he wearing his sunglasses. Instead he was wearing some sort of visor with a blue suit that had a yellow strap across his chest which connected to the yellow belt around his waist, with here and there bits of black armour to protect him during combat. She had to admit, he looked pretty badass. Her eyes scanned his body, eyeing the suit, she looked up when he spoke with a smirk on his face, breaking the silence that had fallen like a bullet going through glass.

"Staring is rude, you know."

[A/N]

HOLY SHIT I HIT 2K READERS! What did I do to deserve that???? Thank you guys so much for reading, voting and leaving some really sweet comments.

Love you all.