Chapter 21 [Lies A Warrior]

Desiree's P.O.V

"You don't want me..?.."

My voice pitched.. I screamed.. I hissed I battled against my own mind. I pulled at my hair and breathed unsteadily. Something I would do when I was.. With him..

I let out a inhuman growl at Demi and ran. I ran as fast as I could. I past Mason through my speed.

I didn't even grab him by the arm to tug him along with me. No I left him there by himself.

"This is my my favorite childhood hair clip, I hope you like it..my mom gave it to me when I was small like you" Demi said settling her hair clip into my hair, as we were preparing for the park.

"I never had a mum to give me things," I said sadly. Staring at myself in the mirror. Demi smiled and locked her arms around me. Straddling me into a hug. She looked into the mirror with me. "Well now you do.."

I wiped the tears destined to fall. I ran and served past everyone. Eventually finding the hospital exit door. I pushed it and the cool summer air hit my face. Police cars swarmed. Obviously making sure Demi Lovato was safe.

I stood by the side of the building. I slipped past the hospital grounds and onto the street. I picked up my pace again and returned to my running pace.. A few tears slipped out of my eyes.

Lies.. Everyone single one of them. Lies.

I ran and cried. Cried and ran. I knew I just didn't stop. I let my legs burn and starved my throat for air.

I finally stopped. I rested on the side of a building. I gasped and collapsed. People casually walked by. Not giving a bloody damn why I was alone.

I pulled my legs to my chest and sobbed. Desperate for air I gasped and let out another sob.

I cried and sung to myself..

"You fascinated me
Cloaked in shadows and secrecy
The beauty of a broken angel"

I let my voice drop lowly. It was scratched and rough as I let out another aching sob. Looking into the field of people.

"I ventured carefully
Afraid of what you thought I'd be
But pretty soon I was entangled

You take me by the hand
I question who I am"

I cried. Mason's voice inches and racked my head. I smiled. Tears still cast down my face..

I stood up suddenly. Adrenaline kicking in. I ran and kept singing. Pushing through the crowd of people. A large smile on my face and tears being caught in the wind...

"Teach me how to fight
I'll show you how to win
You're my mortal flaw
And I'm your fatal sin
Let me feel the sting
The pain
The burn
Under my skin"

I clawed at my skin... And continued to sing.. I let my voice match perfectly with the lyrics.

I stopped in the middle of the crowd. People made a gap around me.. I sung and some people even stopped and recorded.

"Put me to the test
I'll prove that I'm strong
Won't let myself believe
That what we feel is wrong
I finally see what
You knew was inside me
All along"

I sung and smiled. I let the tears slip out. I bounced up and down, and smiled. I ran and pushed past people. Some tried to follow after me.

"That behind this soft exterior
Lies a warrior..."

I sung this verse looking back at the crowd of people chasing me. Some recognizing I was Demi Lovato's foster kid.

"My memory refused
To separate the lies from truth
And search the past
My mind created.."

I sung finding a pipe leading up to the roof of a building. I climbed up it and looked down over the ledge. The crowd found me and I decided to entertain the crowd and finish my song.

"Standing resolute which you
In equal measure
Loved and hated

You take me by the hand
I'm seeing who I am..."

I sung moving myself with the song. Sliding my hand down my face.

"Teach me how to fight
I'll show you how to win
You're my mortal flaw
And I'm your fatal sin
Let me feel the sting
The pain
The burn
Under my skin.."

I sang loudly pulling at my hair, letting it fall and clutched my heart. Bending my knees inwards.

"Put me to the test
I'll prove that I'm strong
Won't let myself believe
That what we feel is wrong
I finally see what
You knew was inside me
All along

That behind this soft exterior
Lies a warrior

Lies a warrior..."

I sang professionally.. Demi vision entered my head.. I let the tears run down my face.

"You take me by the hand
I'm sure of who I am

Teach me how to fight
I'll show you how to win
You're my mortal flaw
And I'm your fatal sin
Let me feel the sting
The pain
The burn
Under my skin"

I scratched and clawed at my skin. Letting it sting me and bother me.

"Put me to the test
I'll prove that I'm strong
Won't let myself believe
That what we feel is wrong
I finally see what
You knew was inside me
All along

That behind this soft exterior
Lies a warrior.."

The cheers from the crowd way below under me, smiling I waved at them. The tears flowing down my face.

I slung my legs over the side of the building. I finished the last verse lowly and meaningfully.. Yeah. I'm only six.

"The pictures come to life
Wake in the dead of night
Open my eyes
I must be dreaming

Clutch my pillow tight
Brace myself for the fight
I've heard that seeing
Is believing..."

I smiled and heard the sirens go off. I smiled and waved at them. "Sorry, but I have to go. Just remember, if your darkest time, there lies a warrior.."