Chapter 23 [Want Me] {The End}

Desiree's P.O.V

I pounded on the large locked doors of the playroom in the police station. They didn't inform us what was going on. But one thing for sure...

I hated Demi. With even bone in my body. She didn't want me. I knew it. It was a lie. A lie for more fame, a lie...

Mason was sitting quietly in the corner of the large play room. His face was smuggled with red and bloodshot eyes. I felt bad. He was mad at me. For running away.

I wasn't planning on returning and I'm sure he figured that out. That I meant to leave him behind with Demi. Now I felt bad but when I was running. I could've cared less..

I slowly got tired and let my hands fall. I went back to sit next to Mason. I needed to give an apology.

"Mason I-.." I had started. But he looked me in the eye. Causing me to stop. The pain was so real. The heartbreak he must've felt. The betrayal he must be going through.

I licked my lips and a few tears slipped out of my eyes.

"You left me.. You didn't even say goodbye.." He said quietly. His gaze dropped to the floor.

"Mason I didn't mean to.. I just went on a little run, that's all.." I told him gently. I wrapped my arms around him. But he was only tensed against me.

He pushed my arms away, in defeat I let them drop.

"Stop lying.. Don't lie to me Desiree," he said. Angry laced in his voice. He dangerously sounded familiar to dad.

He stood up and pushed the chair back.

"You betrayed me, how the bloody hell and I'm supposed to trust you?!?" He screamed at me. I winced.

"Mason don't yell.." I said nervously. "Mason I'm sorry.. Trust me. Everything's a mess now.. But soon you'll be back with Demi.. You'll be happy.." I told him. Smiling at him through my tears.

His angry seem to fade. "What do you mean just me?.."

"Mason.. I'm going to run again. So you'll be happy with Demi.. Mason. Demi told me she didn't want me anymore.. That's why I ran. So you can be with her.. So she can have the person she loves all to herself.." I said. Slowly breaking.

"No.. I want you.." He said. I outstretched my arms and he gradually took the hug.

I smiled. His hair was scented with shampoo from when we took that shower in Demi's house.

"Mason.. How about we stay together than? Ok?" I asked quietly. I felt him nod in the crook of my neck.

I heard the noise of Mason's soft snores coming from his mouth. I smiled and heard the door softly open.

I carried the lightweight Mason to one of those soft plush alphabet mats. I settled him down. Placing his head on a bean bag as a pillow.

It was probably much more comfortable than a park bench. Sighing I watch the as two people revealed. The same girl from the hospital was there and a police officer.

"Hi.." The lady said gently. "I'm going to be your new mommy. I just finished the adoption papers," she said gently. "I'm Dallas, Dallas Lovato. But you can call me Mom or Mommy.."

She said at my level. Her warm smile remind me so much of Demi. "Your Demi's sister.. Right?.." I asked gently.

"Yeah, yeah sweetie I am.."

"Why isn't Demi here. Demi's our foster mom. Not you.." I replied stubbornly. Maybe I still needed Demi.

"Baby girl Demi lost her foster license. It was either you go to the foster home and possibly be separated or someone adopt y'all in the next twenty-four hours.." Dallas replied gently.

"I have a mum?.. A real mum?" I asked. Tears sprung to my eyes. I wasn't looking to good. I had dark circles under my eyes and pale skin. And my hair was a tangled knotty mess..

Throwing away the thought of Demi. I didn't need her. She didn't want me. How can I still possibly need her?

This woman actually wanted me.. She wants me... She was actually adopting me.

"So baby girl? Can you be my baby girl? Can I be your mom?" She asked..

"Yeah..." I looked at sleeping Mason, a genuine smile began to form..

"Yeah.. Only because I want you, to Want Me,"

The End

Don't kill me!!

I know. Plot twist..

But there's going to be a squeal!
Keep this story in your library so you guys can get the update..

I wanted this story to be longer but you know..

The Squeal is Tell Me