Flowers

My heart melts as I see the darling eyes of my professor grow wet and glossy. The ache of the cast on my arm worsens. My throat goes dry and my eyes are trying to keep away from my mind. I don't want to envision the scene again.

They're both dead. Both of of my friends. But I can't cry. I don't have it in me to cry. My exterior is numbed instead- completely and I almost "feel" like I've fallen into a state of comatose before he calls my name again:

"Y/N." taking my hand and squeezing it, I found his hands were colder than mine and more firm.

"If I had gotten to them faster they would have been alive." Was the only words I could come up with at that moment.

There is silence, a confusing one as I remember what he told me not long before my friends had been humiliated and torn apart.

Something about him not being a...

Professor.

"Professor."

"Yes, Y/N?"

"Are you a professor?"

He gives a slight squeeze to my hand and sighs, looking away and shaking his head:

"Let's...not worry about that now."

"Is your name even Sherlock?" I try to capture his eyes but he tries his very best to avoid mine when he replies.

"It is- but Y/N, now is not the time for this. You're in pain. Please relax." He says.

I sigh and turn my head so that I am looking at the ceiling. My head ached badly, and the hand that was holding my own suddenly felt very foreign.

"You knew these deaths were going to happen. That's why you're here." I simply state my realization as I turn my head once more to look at his eyes that almost seemed to have changed color.

He goes silent and I bite my lip almost regretting my words.

Almost.

"You don't love me at all. You don't feel that." I read him like he's an open book, and it feels like his pages are slapping my face.

"No-"

"Yes."

I sit up straighter and get a good look into his eyes. His expression is blank, and his mouth is parted only slightly. He clicks his tongue, shaking his head with a sigh as he looked back at me:

"You need to relax."

"You need to stop lying. You're just trying to find out who's responsible for these chain of murders that all seem to revolve around me-"

"Shut up." He raises his voice slightly and he has a glare in his eyes.

"First that Sebastian kid....now my friends, what the hell is going on?" My eye twitches as I stare at him with disgust.

"Don't act like you don't know. I was initially just trying to solve a case. You happened to be at the center of it all. You."

I keep quiet.

"Y/N L/N....at the apex of two campus crime scenes, prime witness and potential suspect of both cases. Did you think I was an idiot? You admitted to the murder of Sebastian did you not?"

My pulse quickens. I'm confused.

"You have social connections to all the victims and were present at both crime scenes. I've taught you a thing or two about deductions, can't you see the one I'm making now?"