Detail

I see his eyes, dark and gloomy. He grins before running off into the woods that I have a perfect view of from Sherlock's window.

Like a ghost, Jim Moriarty vanishes into the trees. A chill crawls up my spine and my eyes begin to water as I question whether or not what I just saw was real or a hallucination. I choke up a sob as I make my way over and lock the door.

My hands tremble and I look at them with a painful headache. I slump back on the sofa and sniff.

I hear the door click open and my heart almost jumps out of my chest. I go dead silent and my body freezes as I watch it crack open like something straight out of a horror film. My hand instinctively reaches for a heavy vase.

The cold air from the corridor is let inside the room as Sherlock walks in.

He shrugs off his coat and is halfway through hanging it when he freezes and stares at my current state of madness, which consisted of red eyes from crying and trembling hands that were about to drop a heavy vase.

"I was only gone for a few minutes...."

I avert my gaze to the ground as my heart rate slows down from the sudden escalation it had just gone through.

"Y/N."

I bite my bottom lip at the sound of my own name from his voice.

He walks over and sits next to me on the sofa. He leans over to look at my face:

"Why are you crying, what happened?"

"I keep seeing things." I complain as I begin to cry childishly again.

He sighs, "I told you, it's part of the medication. Don't worry."

I cover my face and shake my head. I didn't want him to try and comfort me.

He takes my arm, grasping it tightly.

"Let go of me you stupid liar!" I yell at him by accident.

"Shut up! You useless child!" He says with a wild flame in his eyes as he stared down at me.

I freeze and stare at his pale face. He has lost weight dramatically. There wasn't an ounce of meat on him- just muscle. And as he gripped my arm I began to think deeply.

I wasn't gazing at the intimacy of his eyes anymore, I wasn't lost in their pristine color and intricacy- no.

It was the first time I broke free from the artificial fantasy that my mind had been gripping with bleeding hands.

For the first time, I noticed the authentic pieces of him.

Detail.

The dark circles that roamed just under his eyes

Detail.

The caved cheekbones, not prominent.
Not pristine.

Detail.

One slightly asymmetrical to the other. Like a bone out of place, on his face.

Detail.