Indulgence

My bare skin is paled by the cold air as the heavy shutters that are my eyelids lift up to reveal an uncomfortably bright room.

I shift with a soft grunt, using my elbows as support to sit up before collapsing back onto the pillow exhaustedly.

With another attempt, I try to sit up, successful this time, I rub my eyes and glance around.

This wasn't the living room I was in with Professor Holmes.  This room was different. This was my room.

But I don't remember how I got here.

My vision is still blurred, but suddenly I feel a warm arm snake around my waist, pulling me back down with a thud until I'm enveloped in a strong evergreen scent.

I turn my head with wide eyes to see my professor sleeping with furrowed brows and grumpy lips.

My heart skips countless beats and I try to get up with a hitched breath but his grip on my waist tightens and his bright eyes pop open.

I quickly shift around so he can't see my chest area and yank the sheets up.

He removes his arm from my waist slowly, and sits up silently.

I don't move until he speaks.

"Lectures resume today. Get dressed and don't be late." He says coldly, then exits the room.

I sit up, slowly once the door is shut. My chest hurts, my eyes burn, my mind is overflowing with all kinds of calamities.

There was so much confusion in my life right now. All I need is an explanation, but there's nobody to give it to me.

I decided to take a shower and get my ass to class.

_____

I arrived a good 20 minutes early, to Sherlock's lecture. On purpose.

I needed to talk to him about the things he said to me. The things that happened last night, again, and how they need to stop before we get in trouble.

But as I was opening the door, I was surprised to see Dr Watson arguing with him in a rather hushed tone.

Dr Watson looked at me and instantly smiled his infamous smile, but I simply averted my attention to Sherlock who ignored me and crossed his arms.

"So this is her." Dr Watson said to Sherlock, still staring at me.

"Shut up," Sherlock muttered quickly, walking over to his desk and not even bothering to look up at me. "Can I help you, Y/N?"

My face instantly grew red and I totally forgot what I was planning on talking to him about, instead trying to figure out a way to clarify that Dr Watson knows of our...relationship.

Sherlock finally looks at me once he notices I have been a silent tomato for quite a while.

I stare at my professor for what seems to be minutes before he reads my face and nods in reply, leaving no need for me to speak:

"Yes, he knows." Sherlock replies.

I groan and cover my face in embarrassment.