Chapter 14

It had been five months since the "accident", as I liked to call it, and my nightmares just got worse every night. I always wake up screaming, sweating, and tears flooding out of my eyes. I got them almost constantly. In all of them, I saw his face. The face of the man who raped me. It haunted me and it still does. I hadn't forgotten when he called me at the hospital. I was scared out of my mind. He was out there. I couldn't believe the cops hadn't caught him yet.

School didn't help me escape my fears. I could still hear girls calling me names behind my back and snicker when I walk by. It just so happened that we were having discussions about rape in my government class. But, the worst was Megan. She made it her goal to talk about it during lunch. It got so bad to the point where I stood up from the lunch table and walked away. I had to leave before I tackled her and slammed her stupid head into the ground.

I ate by myself outside that day. I was alone until Landon came outside.

"Hey." he sat next to me awkwardly.

"Hi."

"Sorry Megan says things like that."

"Why are apologizing for her? It's not your fault she is a terrible human being."

"She's not terrible and someone had to if she wasn't going to. Harry freaked out on her."

"He did?"

"Yeah. But, Megan, she just doesn't know when to stop. She is really sweet and nice and beautiful and she has a good heart. She just sees you as a threat."

"Wow. You talk about her like she means everything to you. Like you-OH MY GOD LANDON YOU SON OF A BITCH!! You are sleeping with her again aren't you?"

"What?!"

"Aren't you?" I swear Landon had the dirtiest dick ever. He just couldn't keep it in his fucking pants.

"Please don't tell anyone! Especially Harry!"

"How could you do this? Haven't you learned how much this hurts people? Harry is your best friend. How could you do this to him?"

"I just needed it."

"No. Sex is not like food or water. You don't need it. You just can't keep your dick in your pants can you? God, you are so fucking gross I can't even sit to you right now." I got up to walk away.

"You aren't going to tell right?!" he yelled after me.

I didn't reply. I needed Harry to know. I refused keep it from him. He had a right to know. I just wish I would have picked a better way to tell him.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The week went by quick. I tried really hard not to speak to Harry, but it was just too damn hard. I knew I had to tell him, and I was going to, but I just didn't know when.

Harry invited us to his house Friday to another get together while his mom and stepdad were away. He practically begged me to come so I did.

When I walked into his house Remi, Frankie, Landon, Megan, and Trent were sitting on the couch with red plastic cups in their hands. Harry arrived in the room just as I did. He smiled at me and sat next to Megan.

Seeing as there were no seats left on the couch, I sat on the floor.

"Kora take my seat." Harry got up.

"Um no. I do not want her sitting next to me." Megan says with disgust. Ugh. What a bitch.

"It's fine Harry. Im good right here."

"You sure?"

"Yeah. Will you get me something to drink?"

"Of course. What do you want?"