Chapter 9

Harry's POV-

I honestly got lost on the way to Kora's dance studio. I lied and told her I knew where it was because I didn't want to piss her off. Even though I enjoy pissing her off greatly. I got there at five to six and waited in the parking lot. She arrived shortly after in her silver truck. When she got out of the truck my heart stopped. She was wearing very short fabric shorts and these things on her legs. What are those called? Oh, stockings or tights or whatever. She had a muscle tee cut in half that revealed the parts of her stomach that's he shorts didn't cover. She looked absolutely sexy. After she walked in the studio, I turned off my car and followed. When I got inside, there was another girl there who was really hot. She had short brown hair and green eyes. She looked a little younger than Kora and she checked me out when I sat down. She walked to Kora and said something in her ear I couldn't make out. Kora made a face and said something that look like "ew." She walked into the lobby and stuck her head out of the door.

"Hello there." I said with a smirk.

"Hi." The other girl walked up next to her. "This is Carly."

"Hi I'm Harry." she walked out to shake my hand.

"So, what's your major at Kora's school?" She asked me curiously.

"I'm a vocal major."

"Damn, that's hot."

"Carly!"

"What? It is."

"You are so weird." she grabbed Carly and pushed her back into the other room.

"Sorry, she.. I don't even know." She managed between giggles.

"It's fine. I know I'm hot."

"Well aren't you just a dousche?"

"A little." I smiled.

"Well we are going to start so you can come and sit on one of the chairs on the far side of the room."

"Well I thought I could just watch on the tv or through that window."

"Suit yourself, but there is better view inside and it isn't as boring."

I shook my head slowly. She shrugged and left me alone in the lobby. I played on my phone for about five minutes until I heard the girls talking and laughing. I looked up just in time to watch Kora take off her shirt to reveal a purple sports bra. My eyes widened. What the fuck is wrong with me? I could be in there watching her strip rather than out here. Before I knew it, I stood up and went to the door.

"On second thought it's boring out there."

Kora smirked and gestured to the chairs. I had never really realized how cool dancing was until now. I watched as the girls turned, jumped, and flipped. It was beautiful. I went to an art school with dozens of dance majors and I never really watched them. I mostly just stared at their arses. After about twenty minutes of what they called "Across the floor", in which they were literally going across the floor, they started choreography.

Kora seemed to be the teacher. She directing Carly on what to do, but Carly put some of her input in as well. They practically spoke in another language when they were giving each other steps to do. When Kora played the song they were dancing to, I immediately knew it. I had sung it in a concert for the school at the end if last year for the leaving seniors. It was "In My Veins" by Andrew Belle. It was a beautiful song and the dancing the girls did with it seemed to tell a story. It all made perfect sense. It was two girls who were helplessly in love, but were hurt. I don't know how I got that, but I did. They took a short break for water after doing their dance about twelve million times it seemed like. Carly sat against a wall sipping her water in between the long ass story she was telling Kora about her boyfriend Kai. Kora didn't seem to be paying attention. She would nod and say, "Mhmmm" every now and then, but she was somewhere else. She was staring at something in the mirror. I couldn't make out what it was, but I swear I saw a tear glisten on her cheek.

"Kora? Are you listening to me?" Carly asked.

She didn't answer. She stared deeply into her reflection like she was the only person in the world.

"Kora!"

She snapped out of her dazed state.

"What?! What? What did I do?"

"I was telling you something, but you weren't listening to me."

"No I was listening."

"What was I talking about?"

"Kai."

"What about Kai?"

"That he is beautiful?"

"No. Are you ok?"

"I'm fine. What would make you ask that?"

"Because you are completely out of it. Right Harry?"

I had forgotten I was even there. I thought they had forgotten I was even there.

"Um..I don't know. I wasn't paying attention." Liar, my subconscious told me.

Carly rolled her eyes, probably knowing I was lying, and turned back to Kora who was looking down at her fingers.

"Is it about..you know?"

Kora looked at her with pleading eyes. "Please don't make me talk about it." was what her eyes said.

Kora finally spoke up, "Its like I can't forget. All these scars, are haunting me," she said gloomily as she revealed a few scars on her stomach, including the bullet wound. Her scars made me mad and sad. It was terrible that she had to go through it. Especially since she is only seventeen and she was a virgin before that. To have to lose it that is just horrible.

I guess everyone had been deep in thought. Kora cleared her throat to fill the silence.

"Um, let's finish the class by doing the routine a couple more times ok? We only have like five minutes left."

They jumped right in and did the routine maybe six more times without stopping in between. I got up when the classes was out and followed a sweaty and silent Kora out the door

"Who's house are we going to?" I said to break the silence that had been making me uncomfortable.

"Mine. I have a music room that we can work in without being bothered." she replied without even gazing back at me.

She placed her dance bag in the passenger seat of her truck and sat down. She closed the door, placed her hands on the steering wheel, and her head followed. She breathed shaky breaths.

"Kora?" I asked carefully.

She looked up at me slowly, "Sorry. Just a little anxiety from talking about all that earlier."

"It's fine. Let's forget about that. Let's go and write that song."

"Yeah, we have a badass love song to write."

I smiled at her and she returned it. her smile was beautiful. Her teeth perfect and white, eyes sparkling. This girl was gorgeous. No. Harry don't do this, I had to tell myself. You have a girlfriend, a great girlfriend. I bet Kora would be better. My subconscious added to my thoughts. If I was going to work with Kora on this song and keep Megan as my girlfriend, I had to stop thinking of Kora this way. Be a jerk, I had to tell myself. You can't fall for Kora.