Chapter 10

Kora had a really nice house. It had two stories and was a nice beige color. There were two trucks, a Rav4, and a cop car all parked in the driveway. She parked across the street, so I parked behind her. I followed her into the house. It was quite large. There was a beautiful chandelier hanging by the front door and the wood stairs spiraled up to the second floor. She led me to the kitchen where a fit, blonde boy was eating a bowl of Frosted Flakes.

"Hey Kora." he said with a full mouth. He didn't look at her and he didn't even notice that there was a strange boy with her. Kora opened the fridge and started searching through it while making a clicking noise with her mouth.

"What do you want to eat Harry?" she asked me.

"Who the fuck is Harry?" her brother answered proving that he didn't see me with Kora.

"Watch you language young man." A short, beautiful woman walked into the kitchen. She was blonde, like the boy at the table and had green eyes. That was Kora's mom. I met her at the hospital a couple weeks ago after I called 911 when I found Kora. I don't know how many times she hugged me and thanked me. She paid me five thousand fucking dollars for saving Kora. She told me this was the best way she could think of to repay me for what I did. She said she could never thank me enough and she wished she could do more. I told her she didn't have to even pay me. I didn't want the money, but she rejected my request to not take it.

"Harry sweetheart, what are you doing here?" she walked up and hugged me.

"Kora is helping me write a song for school."

She smiled, "That's fantastic! Kora hasn't written a song since things went haywire with Landon."

"Mom!" Kora screamed.

"What? It is true and you know it."

"Stop."

"Ok, well I'm going to go upstairs There is way too much estrogen in this kitchen." Kora's brother intervened.

"Jake, don't be rude." Mrs. Tylers scolded.

"I'll do what I want woman."

"Watch it. You may be twenty, but that doesn't mean I won't kick your ass."

Jake laughed and left the kitchen.

"Ok, well Harry and I will be in the music room." she grabbed my arm and started to drag me away.

"What about food?" I whined.

"Later." she replied hastily.

"Have fun!" her mom yelled after us.

She brought me to a glass door curtain covering it from the inside. She opened it and there was a drum set, grand piano, and four guitars.

"Wow. This is pretty cool."

"Thanks, I had to beg my parents for this room and all these instruments." she said with a small laugh. "The walls are sound proof too."

"So you could pretty much have sex in here and you parents would never know because they wouldn't hear you?"

She burst out laughing and I joined.

"I mean, I guess so, but I don't think that's what this room is supposed to be used for."

"True, but still it's a thought."

She shook her head at me, then went to grab an acoustic guitar and sat on the piano bench.

"So, what kind of love song do you want to write?"

"What do you mean?"

"Do you want it to be happy and like 'yay love is the best', or do want it to be like 'please stay with me I love you, don't go'?"