Chapter 12.

RUBICON

Beth's POV

Clarke walks out of the radio room, I was standing with dad. We were talking about her going to Tondc.

"I'm staying here." Clarke says to us.

"The commander is expecting you." Dad says to her.

"Our people inside Mount Weather are in trouble." Clarke tells us. "I'm not going anywhere until I know they're okay." She adds.

I nod. "Okay. I'll go to Tondc. I need to talk to Octavia anyway." I say. Clarke nods and looks at dad.

"If we don't get the grounders for allies for sure, then how are we going to make sure our people are okay?" Dad asks her.

"You will go in my place, Lexa respects you." Clarke says. "I'll get there as soon as I can." She goes to walk away when dad stops her.

"Clarke, wait." He says, grabbing her arm. Clarke's body guard pulls out his knife. I take out my sword.

"Put it away." She says to him. And he does. She looks at me. "Both of you."

I roll my eyes and put it away.

"Clarke, being a good leader means knowing which battles to fight." Dad says.

"And which to delegate, I know. Please, I need you to go to Tondc." Clarke says to him.

"Fine, I'll go." He says. She starts to walk out as her mother walks in.

"What is it?" Abby asks her.

"Kane and Beth will explain." Clarke says.

"Perhaps your mother should go." Dad says. "She still is the chancellor after all."

"Which is why she is needed here." Clarke says and leaves. I look around.

"Heavy lies the crown." Dad says to Abby.

I look at around, feeling an uncertain feeling. Something was going to happen. "Dad, it a long way there. We need to go." I say. He nods and I leave the room.

Dad and I soon leave with a guard. I'm Lexa's second but she still wants me to have guards. I had talked to her along with Indra. Lexa appointed me her second.

It took us several hours to get there.

-------------------------

I was talking with Octavia. Kia was somewhere out in the woods and she was nervous.

"He'll be fine." I say to her.

"So will Lincoln." She says to me. I sigh.

"I sure hope so." I say.

"Clarke, you made it." She says to Clarke. I turn around and see her standing there.

I need you to take me to Lexa." She says to us. 

"What's wrong?" Octavia asks her. 

"Nothing." She says, I give her a weird look. 

"Is Bellamy ready? Did he get the acid fog down?" Octavia asks. 

"He's working on it." Clarke says. 

I lead her to where Lexa and Indra are standing, talking. "Heda, Clarke wishes to talk with about something." I say. She nods at me and looks at the blond. Dad was with them.

"I'm sorry, I'm late commander." Clarke says to her.

"You made good time, I assume the kids in Mount Weather are okay?" Dad asks her.

"For now." She replies. I look at Clarke, and can't help but feel she's leaving something out.

"Can we talk in private?" Clarke asks Lexa. Now I know something's up.

"Yes, this way." Lexa says. The two walk away.

---

I was in the woods later with Atohl, a grounder.

"Should be at the meeting, not watching the trees with you." He says.

I hear rustling in the bushes. 

"Shut up. Someone's out there." I say. I pull out my sword. He pulls his out right after me. 

"This one's mine, Sky Girl." He says then goes towards it. I quickly follow after him, hiding behind some bush.

"Atohl?" I call out. I look back at the camp then back to where Atohl walked off to, after whatever was out there. I run around, towards him. I hear grunting. I look and see someone. I run forward, and jump over a fallen tree. I try and tip toe quietly but at a fast pace. What I see shocks me.

"Lincoln?" I ask. Atohl was on the ground. I walk up to them. Watching Lincoln do something. "What are you doing?" He looks at me but looks away, not answering. "Get away from him." When he doesn't listen, I push him away from Atohl, holding my sword up. "I said get away from him!"

He looks at me then the sword. "You don't understand. I can't fight it." He says. I frown slightly.  

I bend down next to him. "Yes, you can. We can. I will be there with you. I'm not leaving you." I say to him.

"I betrayed Bellamy. He's a prisoner in the mountain because of me." Lincoln says. 

"Lincoln, I don't know what happened between you two, but Bellamy made it, he's fine. We've got our inside man. Now I need you to come with me." I say to him. He shakes his head, looking at me sadly. I shake my head and hit him on the side of his head.

"Ge smak daun, gyon op nodotaim." I yell, a few tears threatening to fall, and he looks up at me.

"Grounders don't give up. We fight. Either you get up and we fight this, or you crawl away and die alone like a coward. It's your choice. And I hope you make the right one. And just know I'm here." I say to him. He looks at me, I can't tell what he's feeling but right now I'm just mad.

---------

I was back at camp with Octavia, we were talking. I told her Lincoln was out there. Kia came back.

All of the sudden everything went crazy. I was thrown into a tree, hitting my head. My ears were ringing.

Everything hurt. But right now all I could think of was Octavia, Lincoln and dad. If they were safe.

I could hear distant screams. Everything was ringing.

-----------------------

Small chapter. I know. I will be working on the next one after this. What do you guys all think? Please, please comment. Thanks for reading. Bye.

-Kelly.