Chapter 14.

THREE MORE CHAPTER'S TILL BOOK 3!

BODYGUARD OF LIES.

Beth's POV

I was in the tent with Lincoln as he was helping me with some of the cuts all on my back.

"Shit." I mutter as the cold water on my back stings one of the cuts.

"Sorry." He says to me. I shrug.

"It's fine." I say as he finishes. I stand up looking at him, grabbing my shirt that was on the ground. "Are you okay?" I ask him.

"You're the one with cuts all over your back. I should ask you that." He tells me. I let out a small laugh.

"I'm fine. Sore but I'm okay." I say to him.

He smiles at me before kissing me. I drop the shirt in my hand, wrapping my arms around his neck.

-----------

I was standing with Octavia when Clarke walks back over to us.

"Everything okay?" Clarke asks the two of us.

"We've been going over it and over it, just trying to figure out how you're still alive." I say to her.

"What are you talking about?" The blonde asks us. I give her a look.

"We saw you in Tondc before the missile hit. I know you, Clarke. Something was wrong. And then you and Lexa disappear and just happen to survive. Tell me you didn't know it was coming." I say to her.

"Beth, Octavia..."Clarke starts. I sigh.

"You let all those people die. You were gonna let me and Beth die." Octavia says.

"Hey. I did it to save Bellamy. So that we could win this war. Don't you see that? If we'd evacuated Tondc, Mount Weather would've known that someone tipped us off. They would have found your brother." Clarke says to Octavia. I shake my head.

"No. Bellamy would have never told you to do that. He would've found another way." Octavia tells her, knowing it's true.

"I couldn't take that risk."

"Right. Because you're in charge now, and you decide who is disposable. You'd have fit right in on the council."

"Hey. Octavia, Beth." Clarke says to us.

"What?" I ask her.

"You can't tell anyone. If people found out--"

"The alliance will break. We're not idiots, Clarke." I say. Lexa walks up. "Commander."

"Beth." She says nodding at me. I nod back. "Octavia"

A grounder named Ryder, walks over, talking with Octavia, which I ignore.

----------

"Indra. Aren't you supposed to be on watch?" I hear Clarke asks Indra later.

"I don't stand post." Indra replies.

"Well, um, where's Octavia?" Clarke asks her.

"With Kai. Scouting the mountain." Indra says.

I shake my head and quickly rush into the woods towards Ryder who was about to attack Octavia from behind.

"Don't move." I say to Ryder, holding my sword to his throat, Clarke rushes up, pointing a gun at him.

"I have my orders." He replies.

"I don't care. This is not happening. Let's go." I say, angrily, grabbing onto his arm pushing him towards Clarke. "Bring him back." I say before looking away to Octavia and Kai.

-----------

Later that night I was with Octavia, Lincoln and Kai when I notice the signal.

"The signal! Commander, come quick!" Kai yells loudly.

"Bellamy did it." I whisper, smiling, looking over at Octavia. She smiles at me before looking at Kai.

"The Commander." 'Look, the Commander." Many of the grounders say as Lexa and Clarke come out of the tent.

"Teik em laud tromon-de!" Lexa exclaims and one of the grounders blow the horn.

"To war!" Lexa yells.

Many grounders start cheering.

----------

"Maybe we'll win this." I say to Lincoln as we were standing in the tent we had.

"We will." He says to me. I nod, slipping back on my boots.

I walk over to him. "We will." I repeat before kissing him.

------------

"Hey." Clarke says, walking up to Octavia and I.

"What do you want?" Octavia asks her.

"I'm changing your missions." She tells the two of us, causing me to give her a confused look. "Neither of you are going to the mines with Indra. I'm placing you both in the rear guard, where you'll be safe." She says.

"Like hell you are. I don't take orders from you." I say to her. "I take orders from the Commander, Octavia takes orders from Indra." I tell her.

"I'm trying to protect you both." Clarke says to us.

"Protect me." Octavia says, scoffing.

"One day, hopefully, you'll both understand what I did." Clarke says to us.

"Never. I'll fight this war with you now because I want our friends back. But after that, we're done." Octavia says.

Clarke looks at me but I don't reply as Indra walks over.

"The Commander's looking for you." Indra says to Clarke. The blonde walks away. "What was that about?" Indra asks us.

"Clarke's trying to reassign us to the rear guard."

"You're both warriors. You'll be in the mines with me." Indra tells us. "I know it bothers you both. They knew about the missile." She adds.

"How could you not hate them? Indra, they almost killed you." Octavia says to her.

"They didn't do anything. The enemy did. Lexa's a great Commander because she's ruthless. That's why we'll win this battle." Indra says to us.

"That's wrong." Octavia says.

We all were walking together on our way to Mount Weather.

"That's war." Indra says and yells, a battle cry.

The grounders start shouting.

Octavia and I join in, letting out a battle cries of our own.

------------

So we have, two? more chapters left until book 3. Book 3 will be the death of me, no joke. I cant wait to start writing it but then again I don't because of all the heart break :/ Anyways I know there wasn't much Beth/Lincoln and I'm sorry. I'm trying the best I can. Anyways please comment! I love reading your guys comments! Thanks for reading. Bye.

-Kelly.