7

I woke up when the headache I was having got too bad to ignore.  As soon as I opened my eyes, I was aware that something was wrong, I was in a sterile room, at first glance it looked like a hospital room.  The next thing that struck me were the people who were in a room with me.  Emilia and Damon both sat on a chair on the side of my bed, or rather lay down, with their heads resting on me, while Hunter and Zachariass were cuddled on an extra bed.  The four of them were really cuddly and I would probably cuddle up with me, it would be nice and warm and relaxing.  And what got my attention a little longer, Juri and a doctor. They were talking quietly, apparently they noticed my gaze, at least Juri did.  When he noticed that I was awake, he came up to me with shining eyes and seemed to be really happy.  I had too much pain than I wanted to and could really keep my eyes open for long.  When he got to my bed I could feel how he took my right hand in his and carefully led it to his lips and left a gentle kiss there.  I hadn't expected that, at least not after our last meeting.

"You are finally awake, we were really worried.  When you just didn't wake up anymore and expected the worst. " Contrary to expectations, Juri's voice was not loud or grumpy but rather gentle.  Slowly I opened my eyes again to look in his direction, his lips wore a beautiful smile and his eyes had that beautiful golden hue again, as they did when we first met.  This made me smile right away, but instantly I stopped and groaned painfully.  The headache was just too severe.  Confused and shocked, Juri stared into a face as if he wanted and he could read from my face and especially my eyes where I was hurting.

"Jax, come over here." Juri ordered the man he had talked to earlier to come to my bed.  The others also seemed to wake up because the four who had been asleep were moving.  I could hear them asking what had happened and I could also hear and see the Juri without taking his eyes off me, explaining that I had woken up.

"Good morning, Maeve. I am your attending doctor Dr. O'Conell, how are you and where are you currently in the greatest pain? ", Jax or Dr. O'Conell quickly asked how I was feeling. I originally wanted to rub my face with my left hand, but when I discovered the bandage, I paused and looked up at my doctor." Your wrist is broken and your right leg is broken too, we had to operate on it so that it could grow together properly again. You have a tremor too, but with a little rest it will be completely gone in a few days. "Understanding, I nodded and finally cleared my throat. " I have a pretty bad headache but otherwise I think it's okay. What happened anyway?" I saw questions from the people present. I could see something like guilt with Hunter, but I really wonder why. What is supposed to have happened?

"Well, you fell down the stairs and were passed out, which is why your mates made sure you got to the hospital.  Here we treated you and made sure that you woke up, which actually took longer than expected. ", Jax explained the current situation to me.  And while he was speaking, the mood in my hospital room suddenly changed.  Juri growled and the others made the same noises.  I also noticed that the word mate was used again, but this time in the plural.  What does mate mean?  I know Juri called me that too.  "Maybe I shouldn't have said that," Jax mumbled quietly and looked apologetically in Juri's direction.  "No, you really shouldn't have said that," Juri replied sullenly.  Okay what the hell is going on here?

"Okay anyway, what the hell is a mate and how did I get into your house at all?" My gaze scrutinized everyone who was present to see any behavioral aspects. "You fell asleep on my arm and there ..-"

" You thought you were taking me to a house that was strange to me, to a room in which I can see photos of my friends and me? All right. But otherwise it's still possible, right? It is already preprogrammed that it cannot go well. I thought I was kidnapped or something like that. "My voice got stronger and stronger and I got louder and louder, so you could tell that I was really angry. From my left side I could feel a gentle caress, so confused I looked in the appropriate direction and could see Damon apparently trying to touch me. Which worked at least to the point where I pulled my arm away because it annoyed me to be pampered again.

"Let it be, I finally want to know what's going on here. All five of you are strangers to me, you act as if we have no idea what in a relationship or something like that. He claims me at our first meeting and beats up my brother-in-law and in general you come too close to me when you consider that we don't know each other. You hug me, talk to me like we're connected in some way, I feel uncomfortable, it's creepy and just plain confusing. This is not normal what is going on here and I just want to know what is going on here. "I was talking so much that in the end I couldn't even hold back my tears. Which is why Emilia next to me carefully hugged me, probably to help me, but not helpful at the moment.

"No, just no.", I stubbornly broke away from the embrace, which made her look at me completely perplexed. "I don't want to be hugged or fondled. Just tell me what's going on here or leave it and go. I want to know what is going on here and if you are able to hug me all the time and say things to me like mate, whatever that means, you can tell me what is still going on. And I basically don't understand why I am drawn to each of you. I mean for me you are just strangers who I ran into several times in the past few days. "

I looked at everyone with an iron look individual eyes, even if it became increasingly difficult not to look away or to give in to the gaze. While I was looking around the room I noticed that my doctor had run away and only my 'mates' were here. At least that's what Jax called her.

"Listen, little one. We'd love to explain what's going on. But I don't think that you are currently able to understand everything the way you should. ", Zacharias apparently tried to talk everything nice and well again, so as not to have to explain to me what's going on.

"Okay, so you're telling me that I'm in the wrong state that I would take it right, yeah? Then you can go. I got fed up with people who give me insane regulations, although it is obvious that I am old enough. I've been through enough in the last few months- alone- without getting great support and I was happy .. I was so happy that I could move in with my sister. And then you come around the corner and after a lot of hints and actions you still really don't want to tell me what's going on with you? Is that so, because if so, then I don't want to know then I want to finish my high school in peace and quiet without your presence and then disappear here. So my nerves are full of all these manipulations and people who always seem to know everything better than I do. It's my body, my life, so my decision. It's up to the five of you whether you tell me what's going on or not. "

I don't think I've theoretically ever thrown so much at the head of strangers, but contrary to what I had suspected, I felt much better now. In the past I had eaten it all and never really got into my problems; Thoughts or feelings spoken. This was a much better alternative. My breathing had quickened quite a bit while I was talking and now I was slowly trying to calm down again, which is easier said than done. But apparently my talk had helped, because Zac and Juri both sat down on the hospital bed, everyone else already had a permanent place in this room.

"Well, as you already assumed, we are all connected in some way.  We are mates.  Before you interrupt me now, you can rethink the term mate to refer to a soul mate.  And yes, there really are affinities and in our culture or rather the world it is completely normal.  We are werewolves and yes they really exist, even if it must sound unreal to you.  Everyone you've met here are werewolves, including Benjamin and Claire if you're wondering.  Every werewolf has a soul mate - this is the love of life, because of which you feel drawn to us.  So there is absolutely nothing wrong with you, it's normal and the reason for that is this matebond.  You don't feel the love for us yet, but you will. Our souls have been connected since we were born and always will be. " Juri took over speaking as if he were some kind of leader.

"You really want to make me believe that you are supernatural creatures?  Werewolves? "Even I could hear the sheer disbelief in my words.