4

I didn't go down that evening, just on principle. It was just too suspicious for me, after all, they were complete strangers who apparently wanted to claim me. I just found it scary and weird that five people who were strangers to me behaved in this way. It was our first meeting and they repented each other like that. Even meeting Damon while shopping was strange, the way he looked at me as if he had been waiting for me. And then just a few minutes later this huge guy named Juri, who literally crushed me with his body and literally called me his. Just atypical. Creepy and scary. And I really don't know what to think of my sister approving of this whole situation and even wanting to let these complete strangers, who seem to be her friends, into my life. In general, their behavior is just strange.

I'm kind of terrified about what's coming. After all, it doesn't happen every single day that you seem to be completely at the mercy of psychopaths. For the past few days I've tried to avoid my sister, Phil, and especially the five mysterious people. Tried as I said. The implementation is really not entirely successful. In the house I run into my sister and Phil all the time and when I came out of the school building, I saw one of the guys I didn't know standing at Phil's car. And when I say that his look with which he was watching me was intimidating then I mean it too. I did not feel any fear, on the contrary, I felt more protected. Like it hasn't been for a long time. It was really just beautiful. But I would never admit that, apart from that, it is what I feel all the positive aspects, they are insane if you consider that they are strangers to me and how they behave.

And right now, I'm successfully sneaking out of the house because I have a date with a few from  school. There is a small party in the forest house. The forest-house is a kind of youth center, there is actually something going on day and night. I think I've spent more time there in the last few days than at my sister's place. In general, the entire place is pretty much in a wooded area, I mean we are really literally surrounded by forest here, but the forest house is a little further in the forest. Casey doesn't know about my night outings, Phil does. But luckily he gives me my freedom and occasionally helps me with white lies, that is, I lie and he just doesn't say anything.

Only after I was a few meters away from the house did I breathe a sigh of relief again, it had worked well again. In my backpack, which was on my shoulders, I had packed a lot of food and of course drinks. There was still enough stock in the small mini-bar and the fridge is still full, but you really never know. I looked briefly at my cell phone to see if anyone else had sent something to the group, but nothing was there. Shrugging my shoulders I looked forward again where I could see the twins Benjamin and Claire at the Eke. I quickly grew fond of both of them and so did our friendship because somehow we balance each other out on a purely friendly basis. When Claire discovered me she started jumping up and down so I couldn't miss her. As if that were even a possibility.

„ Maevy, hunny I missed you so damn much!", Claire shouted at me.

Yeah, it's not like we've seen each other today.

Together we walked the rest of the way to the forest house, I always had a twin by my side, as always. For me it has already become normal that they behave like that, of course Claire is often playful and hyperactive but when it comes down to it, she can be so grown up that some would be amazed. Benjamin is always a bit more reserved than his twin, which comes across as normal for others, after all it is probably always compared to Claire. With Benjamin, it's like having an older brother who takes care of me and is really interested in my well-being. My biological siblings have or are in the process of starting families and one gradually loses sight of one another. And the contact is getting less, it's not that I wanted that, but it just happened. "Did you talk to your sister about how things will go on now? Or are you still silent when you meet? ", Claire next to me asked carefully about the current situation.

"Do I look like I'm starting a conversation with her? I don't think so. "I had to laugh a little and Benjamin next to me had to resist laughing as well. I could tell from the noises he was making. My best friend didn't seem to find the whole thing so funny, which is why she squeezed her elbow between my ribs, which is why I suddenly stopped laughing. And her twin also stopped laughing after she gave him a few admonishing looks.

"It's good, but seriously, I'm happy if I don't have to talk to anyone at the moment if I don't want to. It's just all so blatantly confusing. " After saying this, I was able to catch the encouraging look of my best friend and immediately felt better and thoroughly supported. We were almost there by now, at least I could hear the music and some voices. The forest house belongs to the twins family, their cousin or uncle, I believe. I'm not so sure anymore, at least it's no secret that it has been converted into a youth center.

Already at the entrance of the house we were greeted with joy, the twins were a little celebrity and since we hung out together this was now also true for me.  I had nothing to say against it and just accepted it as it was now.  Sometimes I felt bad because it might come across as taking advantage of her.  But secretly the three of us knew that we were true friends.  After about three minutes I was given a mug with an alcoholic drink in my hand, as was Benjamin, who was still next to me.  My best friend was hissed off and apparently with her boyfriend, who was now holding her tightly.  Tom and Claire seemed happy as ever.

"Do we want to join the others or do we want to stand outside?", Benjy asked me indirectly whether I was more interested in Party today or wanted to have my peace.  I quickly made the decision which one he was waiting for, with my free hand I pulled him towards the sofa corner where some of our friends from school were sitting and had already started calling and waving to us.  Among them were Jill, Morty, Jonah and Michael on the one big sofa. On the next-to-bed sofa were also Alana and Mitch, who is the boyfriend of my best friend next to me.  One of the reasons why we sat down with Mitch and Alana after the greeting.

I continued to drink my drink quietly while the others had more or less exciting conversations.  I didn't really care until Jill and Alana started talking about the twins' uncle who appears to be the local mayor and who owns the house we are in right now.  Still, I stayed silent, everything that had happened in the last few days was just confusing.  "Did you hear that he and the others are not doing so well after they have been more or less rejected?" The two girls continued their chat and it was more of a rumor mill conversation than anything else.  In my opinion, all of their conversations are based on hearsay and not really facts.  It's the same at school and here when we're all sitting together.  A bit annoying but you get used to it.

"Fuck up, Jill.  You know very well that you shouldn't talk about that.  That is information and things that are simply none of your business.  Not now and not in the near future either.  Just take care of your own business and life.  Gosh, I really don't know what's so hard to understand about that. "Jonah was furious.  So I mean really angry.  I had never seen him like this before, otherwise he was the rather calm one from our group of friends, always composed and under control.  But right now you couldn't see any of it.

The other people present here really didn't seem to be really enthusiastic about what she was saying because everyone else present even the otherwise shy Mitch threw the girl an angry look.  Jill and Alana made themselves tiny, as if they wanted to be invisible.  Beside me, Benjy was furious and gave a small growl, and I looked up at him, startled.  He was shaking with anger and the others were out of control too.  "Benjy,  calm down." I tried to calm him down somehow, even if that didn't work.  His eyes found mine and got a little lighter again, I hadn't even noticed they were darker, but apparently this was the case.  Reluctantly, I smiled at him, which he replied almost immediately.  After the tense mood subsided, the two girls disappeared and Michael and Morty accompanied their girlfriends. Only the couple next to me remained and Jonah and me.