Chapter Twenty-Four: The Fight Begins

As we were helping evacuating the citizens, robots started appearing everywhere. They were crowding us, coming in closer and closer. 

"Everyone get out of here!" I screamed as loud as I could, wanting everyone to be as safe as possible. I tried keeping my own cool, if I panicked it would only make things worse. 

"Go!" Steve yelled at the citizens who were now running frantically.

"Get off the bridge! Run!" Wanda shouted from my right, there were robots clawing their way up on the bridge. It seemed like they were coming from nowhere, and there wasn't any stopping them.

Steve and I were fighting them side by side, I would teleport here and there fighting as many as I could. Never straying too for from Steve's side. This was a big fight and I couldn't loose him, I wouldn't.

The ground start shaking, but I could barely feel it as my adeline was pumping through my entire body. Steve and I were both fighting robots to the edge of the bridge, when it moved out from under me. I could feel my foot slip out from under me and it felt like the world was slipping away from me.

"Steve!" I screamed at the top of my lung. I closed my eyes waiting to be surrounded by rubble, but a strong hand grabbed my arm. I was hoisted up and swept into a strong hug.

"Don't you scare me like that again," Steve breathed out, kissing me on the lips with such passion I barely felt the ground around us shake anymore.

We pulled apart quickly, coming back down to reality. There was a world to save, but mine was already wrapped in my arms.

"You can't get rid of me that easily," I told him breathlessly. Even though that had scared the living shit out of me.

We turned around just in time to see one of the robots lunging for us, Steve punched the thing in the face as I tore its limbs off using my powers.

Steve then flung the remaining pieces off the now disconnected bridge.

We were fighting as hard as we could. I teleported over to one of the robots sneaking up on Steve and used the biggest knife I had to dismember the things head.

Steve turned around in disbelief. But I could see he was slightly impressed, there was a small upturned grin. But the moment was cut short as more robots were surrounding us.

I saw Wanda and Clint off to the side, Wanda looked totally overwhelmed. Clint looked like he could use some help, as much as I didn't want to leave Steve another team member needed me right now. Whether or not we were on good personal terms, he was my teammate.

"I'll be back, I think they can use my help," I told Steve. I watched as his eyes darted to Barton and Wanda. He nodded, but grabbed my hand before I teleported away.

"You better come back to me," he told me, voice full of seriousness and concern.

"I always will," I told him. I gave him a kiss on the cheek before teleporting over beside Wanda and Clint.

As soon as I teleported over beside them there was an explosion that sent cars flying and obstructing my view from Steve. I could feel myself grow anxious, but knew I had to be strong. Everything would be okay. I just had to keep telling myself that.

"You two looked like you could use some help." I said to them, watching carefully as Wanda gripped on tightly to the car beside her. There was real fear and terror in her eyes. I knew now more than ever she never wanted any of this. This was not her plan.

"Well glad to have you join the party," Clint replied easily, shooting arrows left and right. I sent debris and discarded bricks into the robots who tried to come near us.

As more started to surround us, and Wanda was doing nothing to help, Clint jumped into action.

"Come on! Go, go! Move," he ushered us into the closest open building.

The three of us were huddled close together, Clint and I calm as we could be. However, Wanda was nervously shaking.

"How could I let this happen?" she asked us, eyes full of tears. Her voicing shaking as she spoke.

I had to admit, I felt sympathy for her. She honestly didn't mean for this to happen.

"Listen Wanda, it'll be okay," I told her, even though I wasn't quite sure it would be. However, she would be no good to us in this situation if she was terrified.

"This is all our fault," she whispered, looking at only her hands.

Clint and I shared a look, on the same page for the first time in months.

"Hey. Look at me. It's your fault, it's her fault. It's everyones fault, who cares. Are you up for this?" Clint started. "Are you? Look, Morgan and I need to know, cause the city is flying. Okay, look, the city is flying, we're fighting an army of robots, and I have a bow and arrow. Morgan here has crazy powers that I'm sure she barely knows what to do with."

"It's true, I don't," I added earnestly. Which cause a slight grin from Wanda, meeting my eyes. I could tell she really appreciated this.

"We can't do our jobs and babysit. It doesn't matter what you did, or what you were," Clint finished.

"I of all people know this Wanda, I come from such a shady background and I have quite the history trust me. You can read it all one day. But, if you go out there, you fight, and you fight to kill. Or you could stay in here, you're good. I'll send your brother to come get you once everything calms down, but if you step out that door, you are an Avenger," I told her. Her eyes were now staring wide into mine. There were no more tears on her face. But, no words were coming from her and she was not making any moves towards the door.

Clint and I exchanged looks and slowly stood to our feet.

"Alright, good chat," he said to her, before heading over towards the door.

"Yeah the city is flying," I said to myself, not believing it entirely.

I flung open the door with my powers and ran out as fast as I could, Clint along with me. Shooting arrows where I couldn't see the robots, and I was sending the weird blue power blasts in places he could see. We were working as a team, something we haven't accomplished in months.

It felt good to be a team again. Even if it wasn't whole yet. 

~A/N Thanks again to everyone reading this book. There are only a few more chapters left, I think there will be 5-7 more, but it is getting close! 

So please leave me any feedback. If you enjoyed this please leave a vote or comment. It is all very appreciated and I try to reply to everyone!~