3 hours ago...

Today was supposed to be the happiest day of my life. I was getting married. I turned 18 today, yes, today is my 18th birthday. I may be young but I have been waiting forever to be with this man. This man whom I have been in love with since I was 6. Yes, yes... It's pathetic and sad. Loads of fish in the water, but why this man? I have often asked myself this question. I have no answer why, I just knew that I wanted to marry him and that my heart tightened wonderfully whenever I was with him. I was not purely innocent though. I was the one who initiated this marriage in the first place. Let's just said that my lie caught up on me and I was being punished for it. I told him that I was pregnant with his child when he actually never touched me and that I have never lain with other men before. He found out about it before the wedding and slammed his rejection on me in front of the few people invited to our wedding. That included his parents. They must be very disappointed with me now. I have now totally lost all of their trust. My friends, his parents and my love. All because I was too gullible, too impatient and too spoiled.

"No, I will not marry you Dawn." He literally slapped me with his rejection. My heart panicked and sank seeing the disgust on his face. He dragged me and literally pushed into the room which I was in, waiting for the wedding to begin earlier. He stared at me for a long while when suddenly; he pulled me to him and kissed me roughly on my lips until I could feel blood. Just as sudden he let go of me, causing me to fall back on the carpeted floor. My thick wedding gown cushioned my fall.

"Was that what you wanted? Was it? What are you trying to do? Ruin my life?" He yelled at me. He started pacing back and forth. He was angry, sad, frustrated and barely able to restrain himself.

"Alec... please..."I pleaded. I stretched my arms to him. He pushed them away. Tears started.

"No Dawn. You tell me the truth!" He demanded. I shook my head in denial. He grabbed my shoulder and gave me a warning look.

"I know what I did was wrong Alec, but I... I love... you." I whispered brokenly.

"When you love someone, you don't lie. Now tell me the truth! Did I touch you that night?".He demanded. I hung my head in shame and shook my head.

"No... you... you went to sleep right after." I confessed brokenly.

"Are you sure?" He pulled my chin up to look straight into his striking blue eyes which I adored. I slowly gave a small noticeable nod.

"Yes..." I ensured him softly. "You were... you were too drunk... to notice anything." I added. My words seemed to echo against the wall of the room for a second. Then...

"Damn you Dawn! What the fucking hell were you thinking!" For the first time since I knew him, he cursed me. His words made me sink in defeat.

"I am very sorry Alec. Please... please..." I begged him.

"You destroy yourself with your lie Dawn, especially when your lie will ruin other people's lives. Dawn I was in a relationship when you told me you were pregnant." He shouted. The door suddenly opened. I saw my best friend. Her face was red. She was angry with me, I know.

"I was desperate Alec..."I cried. "You were moving in with her." I exclaimed. I clutched my chest as pain arrowed into my heart. He quieted and stared in disbelief. Silence ascended except for my soft, heartbroken sob which I did not realized when I started sobbing. I heard footsteps crowded into the room.

"Dawn..." Mrs. Anders, Alec's mother called silently. I was ashamed. I was really ashamed of what I did. I was wrong. So wrong. I could not face her or my best friend but most of all this man in front of me. He was disgusted with me.

"I am sorry Alec, I am so sorry." I almost tripped over my own gown as I tried to walk up to him on my wobbly legs.

"Please forgive me Alec. I will not lie anymore. I promise." I whispered.

"Your behavior disgusts me Dawn. I don't want to see you again." His final words pushed the final dagger into my already dying heart. He walked out of the room and never looked back.