Finally...

"Baby! What is wrong?" Alec was once again crouching next to me patting my back gently as I started my evening sickness. I pushed aside all his worries as I continued ejecting my dinner. I wobbly stood up and rinse my mouth on the sink. His arm went around me immediately. We were on our way to the bed when the urge to get sick came back and almost doubled me over. I pushed Alec aside and ran back to the bathroom. I felt tired. I slump on the floor when Alec sat next to me with tissues in his hand. I took it from him and wiped my mouth. I leaned against his chest as he took me into his arm.

"Baby please... Tell me how I can help you. Don't you have any medicine that you can take?" He pleaded again and this time I can see how desperate he was.

"I... I will be alright soon." I said assuring him.

* * *

"Baby no! Don't go! Dawn! Please!" I shot up and saw that I was on the bed. I looked beside me and it was empty. Only the dent on the pillow showed evidence that a person was sleeping there. I looked around and panic almost set in as doubt started to cloud my mind. That was until I saw a pair of legs leaning against the bathroom door. My eyes travelled up the long legs to meet the eyes of my concerned woman. I stood and stretched my arm. She immediately came to me.

"I thought I lost you. I... I dreamt I lost you." I inhaled into her sweet smelling hair. She hugged me tightly.

"I am here..." She comforted me. My racing heart slowed down. Then I pushed her to look at her. Colours were back on her cheeks. Her pink lips were vision of health not like the paper white figure hunched over the toilet bowl, retching her heart out.

"Baby, I am calling the doctor to come over to check on you." I said firmly. She shook her head and smiled at me instead.

"I am fine Alec. It will only happen at night..." She hesitantly looked up to me. She looks a little bit scared.

"What is it baby?" I asked almost afraid to know. It was then that I noticed her clutched hand. Wondering what it was I looked at her questioningly. She took my hand and hesitantly placed the white stick on my palm. For a moment I was unable to register what it meant but when it did I was unable to say anything. Unresponsive... she looked really scared and I barely could hear her.

"The doctor said... ev... even... if we di...did not went all... all the way there was always a chance... that... that I would ge... get... pregnant." She hung her head and her shoulder sagged. I quickly pulled her into my arms. My hand went under her night dress and rested on her still flat belly.

"We are going to have a baby?" I was still in shock but it was slowly setting in that fatherhood was now within my reach.

"Oh baby, I wanted to do it right this time... court you slowly and get you comfortable around me. Now, we can't wait that long anymore." I said.

* * *

"Will you marry me?" I looked at the ring in the red velvet box in front of me. This ring was different then my previous engagement ring. He disappeared this afternoon, saying he had to attend a short meeting. Soon after Carrie and Lawrence came over saying that Alec called inviting them over. Soon after that some sort of catering came in and set the table outside. An hour later, dressed in a beautiful baby pink chiffon dress, I stood in front of this knelt down man I love so much. At the corner of my eyes I could see Carrie's hands covering her mouth in surprise.

"Are you sure you want to marry me Alec." I asked unable to believe what I was seeing. He looked up. I could see his love shining through his eyes.

"There will be challenges along the way my love, there will be times when we will fight and shed tears but I have never in life have been so sure about this." He said.

"But... yyou don't even know that whether this baby is yours." I threw in my final doubt in his face. There was no cloud of doubt that crossed his face.

"The baby is mine. I was your first. Even if it belongs to Liam... or whoever his name was... well... the baby is mine now. I am going to be a father." He smiled up happily and that just made me doubly in love with him again.

"No Alec, Liam is not the father. He is my manager with a loving wife called Nora. This baby is ours. Yes, I will marry you."

The story has ended but our love continues... there will be a lot of challenges ahead of us but we will definitely go through it together.