Have to let go...

I was sitting across a beautiful blue eyed blond. Carrie who was on my side was sitting across Alec and was throwing daggers with her eyes. She was furious and I could understand that, but at the same time I also knew that nobody was at fault here.

"Dawn... I did not know you were here." Alec stated while scanning my face. I looked up to him and smiled. It still hurt. It still hurt to see him with another woman.

"Yes, I flew over last Sunday." I said.

"I see..." He said looking over to Carrie who was still glancing daggers at him.

"Ehemmm..." Lawrence cleared his throat as he sat at the head of the table. He briefly glanced over to his wife.

"I believe we were not introduced properly." Lawrence greeted Alec's partner with a sincere smile. The blond oblivious of the almost awkward atmosphere turned her lovely head to Lawrence and smiled.

"Yes... Alec can be very ignorant at times. It's a beautiful home that you have here." She complimented.

"Thank you. Credit to my beautiful wife over here." He replied as he smiled lovingly to his wife. Carrie smiled back at her husband.

Dinner continued on smoothly. I kept quiet most of the time as I was feeling slightly light-headed. I could feel the concerned look Carrie was throwing over to me followed by furrowed brow glances from across the table. I did not dare to look up. Thankfully dinner was soon over so I could excuse myself to use the bathroom in my room. Carrie followed me up.

"Honey, are you alright?" She asked as we stepped into the room. I turn to her and nodded. I lifted my eyes to her and whispered.

"I can't tell him Carrie." I confessed.

"Dawn, he needs to know." She said. My thought went to the beautiful blond he brought for dinner.

"I can't tell him anymore. He is... He's with another woman now." I said. I sagged onto my bed. Dawn sat beside me and put her arms around me. I did not cry even as I felt any hope of getting Alec involved in my pregnancy disappeared. This was when I felt nauseous and had to pull out of Carrie's comforting arm into the bathroom and whatever I had for dinner had to be flushed down the toilet. Carrie was there every disgusting minutes I wretched out the contains of my belly.

By the time I felt slightly relieved, I was almost too tired to get up on my feet. Carrie supported me as I rinse my mouth and brush my teeth. She sat me on the toilet and wiped off my make-ups. That was when her worried expression deepened.

"You are very pale Dawn. Don't you think we should go to the doctor?" Carrie said worriedly.

"I will be fine Carrie. I just need to lie down and sleep off." I replied as my head finally hit my pillow. My eyes flit shut as I hear the door close before everything went blank.