Chapter 8

Sorry I just realized how short my chapters are!! I'll make them longer in the future...

London, England
Artemis and the others walked down the long passage to the endless other passages. They did this for about half an hour before Artemis admitted,
"Okay, I think the maze is working," he said, "our opponent is clever."
"No he's not!" Holly snorted, "Anyone could make a maze. You just don't want to admit that you're lost and it's because of an amateur."
"Fine," Artemis said with a sigh, "I might be lost. But I think that if we go that way we'll be tortured."
"Why?" Vinyaya asked suspiciously.
"Oh, judging by the screams," he said casually. Everyone in the group shuddered, even Butler, and they kept moving. "Turn right. Turn right. Turn right."
Artemis said this constantly. Finally Holly put her hand on his arm, calming him.
"We'll be fine, Mud Boy," she comforted him, "You have all of us watching your back."
"I don't want any of you to get hurt, either," he sighed, "I don't just care about myself anymore, Holly."
"We can look after ourselves, Artemis," Butler said softly, "Though your brains help."
"Will you imbeciles please act professionally!" Commander Vinyaya snapped.
"I object to the imbeciles part," Artemis said, "but otherwise, okay."
"No such thing as acting professionally around a police officer for me," Mulch interjected, "My life of crime is too much for the best officer."
"And your lack of maturity is too much for any sane person," Foaly rolled his eyes.
"Glad we're all insane then," Mulch said cheerfully. This banter was merely to take their mind off the current situation. After continuing this for a while more, they reached a steel door. Artemis cast a quick glance around at the others and knew that they were thinking what he was thinking.
"We have to go in," Mulch voiced their opinions out loud. Artemis raised his hand to knock on the door, but it swung open before he had the chance.
"We waited for you," a man said, "I'm Myrex, this is Trinity," he said, pointing at his sister. "Boss very much wants to meet you."
"Can we at least come in?" Holly said pleasantly. She was hoping that this would give her some sort of angle out of the situation.
"We were counting on it."