Chapter 9

"What do we do?" Holly hissed at Artemis. His eyes were wide, and he shook his head. She froze. What were they going to do?
"Sorry about my brother," Trinity apologized, "he can be so overdramatic. We're here to help you, you know."
"Well, that was anticlimax," Myrex rolled his eyes. Trinity shrugged.
      "Anyway, your friend is in room 183," Trinity said, pulling a sheet of paper from one of the many filing cabinets lining the wall, "here's a map."
      "Trouble is here?" asked Holly, pointing at a room labeled 183.
      "Trouble is everywhere," Myrex said.
        They gave him confused looks.
         "Oh, I forgot your friends name was Trouble. Sorry."
        "Listen, we don't have long before She comes."
       "Before who comes?" Vinyaya asked impatiently.
      "Before the person who is carrying on Opal's legacy comes," Artemis guessed. Trinity seemed to notice him for the first time.
      "You're human!" She exclaimed, "I mean, so are Myrex and I, but I thought we would be the only humans in this whole thing!"
     "He is human, also," Artemis inclined his head toward Butler, "But he can do otherworldly things, in my opinion."
        "We have no time for introductions," Myrex interrupted, "She is going to be here. Listen, She is coming for you all."
      "How do you know - " the screen Foaly began, but he was cut off when the door slid open. They all held their breath, watching. The door opened fully, and a person -well, not person - stepped into the room.
      Opal Koboi.