Escape Ch. 1

I can't get caught.
I can't get caught.
That is the same phrase Keithak Kogane kept thinking to himself. He knows that if he does get caught, his father Thace won't be able to save him from Zarkon's wrath.

Keithak continued down the dark corridor of the command center. His feline purple ears twitched for any sign of galrans nearby. Red pupils scanned the hall as he began a steady jog towards the Sendak's ship that is suppose to leave in a couple of ticks.

He had to board the ship or he will be forced to devise another plan to get off this wretched hunk of metal.

He kept running, but the bag he was carrying slowed him down significantly. Keithak told his father about his escape plan because Thace was the one that wanted him to go. He had agreed that Keithak's Altean blood made him a suspicious target. Since he didn't want his son to get hurt, he packed the necessities and told him that he'd cover up his disappearance for as long as he could.

Keithak finally made it to the ship to see that it was ready to take off. Sendak was talking to a couple other galras near the entrance to the ship. He had to find a way onto the ship without being seen!

At that moment, he spotted a catwalk above the ship near the emergency hatch. He quietly ran to the ladder and climbed up it to the catwalk. Keithak got on his knees and crawled across to the top of the ship. He looked over the edge of the ship to see Sendak walking into his ship, preparing for take off.

Keithak quickly jumped over the railing and landed on the ship. He opened the hatch and dropped in, efficiently landing on two guards. "Geez," he muttered to himself. "I know this bag is heavy, but not that heavy."

He got off the knocked out guards and ran off to find a safe hiding place.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

When Keithak thought he was far enough from the central station, he crawled out of the vents he had been hiding in for at least an hour. He began searching for the aircraft hanger.

Keithak found it fairly easy thanks to his knowledge of command ship blueprints and a strange energy. The first thing he saw was a giant red cat, lion, somehow, he instinctively know it was a lion. A giant red lion.

He approached its force field carefully and stared at it. How do I turn it off? He asked himself.

"INTRUDER!"

Keithak whipped around to see Galran sentries running towards him with guns. "HALT!" He turned back to the lion and touched the field. Open up, please! He silently begged the aircraft. It didn't respond.

He then searched through his bag to find anything, anything that could help him in his current situation. His eyes widened as his fingers brushed a small hilt. Keithak quickly grabbed it and pulled it out.

He threw off its sheath and raced towards the sentries. The dagger sliced through the machinery easily like butter. He kept fighting for a few minutes, but forgot they also carried weapons. Keithak was shot in the left shoulder and directly in his right side.

He retreated away from the fighting to catch his breath, then realized there were too many of them, They must be radioing for backup by now, he thought to himself. Pain flared in his side as he grunted and put a hand on his side with blood seeping from between his fingers.

At this rate, I'm not going to last very long. He thought grimly. "Might as well go down with a fight!" He yelled as his mask slipped over his face and he pressed the hanger door button.

Air started sucking everything and everyone out into the dark abyss of space. Keithak held onto the control panel with his right arm. He stretched up to reach the button again, but a robotic sentry grabbed his leg.

"Get off!" He yelled. The robot didn't have his gun, so he was hardly a threat. Keithak ignored him and reached for the button a second time, just as he was about to press it, his hand slipped and he flew out into space.

The sentry seemed to let go, but it didn't matter anymore. He was a goner, a useless pilot that didn't have a ship to help him through the vast, black emptiness of the galaxy.

Just as he was thinking of his uselessness to the world, the Red Lion flew out of the open aircraft door, opened its mouth, and, basically swallowed him.

He was soon sitting in a comfy, red chair at a control panel. A low purr echoed throughout the cockpit and he knew that it was friendly. "I'm going to call you Red." He announced. The purr echoed again and he grabbed the steering and flew off.

After a while, he looked behind the seat to see his bag and his dagger there. He sighed with relief. "Atleast I have food." Keith said. Then he turned back to steering. A wormhole appeared in front of him and he stopped, suspicious of the glowing portal before him. A soothing purr sounded in his head. Keithak gave in, "Alright, I trust you, Red. You saved me back there, so it's only fair that I follow you. Let's go."

They flew into the wormhole and it closed before anyone else could follow.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hey, thanks for reading! If you're a Voltron Legendary Defender fan, you should know that season 2 will be out on Netflix on January 20, 2017! I'm so excited and you should be too!

Next Chapter will be about the rest of the gang so you know what they're up to!
~Fash

(Oh, and please no talking to yourself in the comment area, Ahem LukeMessi2, NelsonTheTortle Ahem, got a frog in my throat, sorry 😜)