Chap 2 "Keeping Her Safe"

Patrick's POV
Instead of taking Amethyst to get something to snack on, I took her to the park. The ride there was silent. She walked to my right and she was holding her left arm with her right. It was something she'd do when she's nervous. We were just walking in silence so I decided to  break the awkward silence.
"So, how are you enjoying your twenty first birthday?" I asked.
"Pat, you dragged me out of the house to go and get a snack," Amethyst replied. "Instead, you bring me to a park. Not that I don't enjoy hanging with you, I do. I just thought we were going to get ice cream or something."
"I know you don't eat a lot," I looked at Amethyst. "I just needed to get you out of the house for awhile." She nodded. "Amethyst, watch out!" I grabbed her left hand and pulled her behind me. I started fighting the monster looking thing. "Ah!"
"Pat, get away from the thing!"
"Go to the car!" I exclaimed. The monster created an explosion, causing me to fly a foot back and hit the ground. "Ah."
"Patrick!" Amethyst called. She ran over to me. "Are you okay?"
"I'll be fine," I nodded as I got up. "What is that thing?"
"Nighlok," said the red masked man. "Leave them alone."
"Ooo," the nighlok replied. "It's the power rangers. I'm so scared!"
"They want sarcasm?" I asked as I looked at the five rangers that had their backs towards us. "Aren't they missing a yellow ranger?"
"Yeah," Amethyst sighed. I kept her behind me. "We should go."
"She's right," the green ranger turned to look at us. "Happy birthday, by the way."
"Thanks," Amethyst smiled. I grabbed her hand and pulled her to the car. We got in and I started driving. No certain destination, but to get out of that park. "Patrick, where are we going?"
"I just wanted to get out of that park," I nodded. "That thing might give me nightmares tonight."
"But you went up against that nighlok," Amethyst sighed. "Despite what your fear was, you were keeping me safe."
"It's what someone does when they love you," I sighed. I pulled up to Always and Forever. "This is where I was told to bring you."
"By who?" Amethyst asked. I shrugged. We walked inside. "Wow."
"Hi," said a lady as she walked up to us. "How can I help you?"
"I was told you have a dress already altered for a Miss Amethyst Manivong," I smiled.
"Oh, yes," she smiled. "Follow me."
"Let's go," I nodded. We walked to a room. I sat down in the chair in the room with the mirror while Amethyst disappeared into another room. My phone rang and I picked up. "Hello?"
"Pat, you got it?" Tony asked.
"Yeah," I replied. "I'm at the dress store right now. She's getting the dress on." I smiled. "You sure you want her in white?"
"She's twenty one," Tony responded. "I chose the dress and got it altered for her. I know my niece, man."
"I gotta go, later man," I hung up. Amethyst walked out in her gown with her makeup and hair done and she was beautiful. She stood on the steps in front of the mirror. "Amethyst, you look beautiful in your dress."

"You really think so?" Amethyst asked as she turned around to look at me

"Yeah," I smiled. "I think it's perfect." I stood up. "You ready to go?"
"Am I going to fit in your car?"
"Well, we are going to find out." We walked out to my car. She couldn't fit in the front seat but we got her into the back seat. Even though she took up the whole room. I started driving. "Are you okay back there?"
"Could you tell me where we're going? Or why I couldn't leave with the drew in a bag?" I nodded. "Okay. Then can you tell me how we walked out without paying for what could possibly be a thousand dollar dress?"
"You're Uncle Tony paid for it," I smiled.
"I thought I told him he didn't have to do anything for me."
"Well, it's kinda what uncles do. They provide for their nieces and nephews. Amethyst, he's been there for you since your dad passed. Come on. He wanted to do something special on your birthday."
"Not this dress," Amethyst sighed.
"Amethyst, I know my car isn't a limo," I replied. "But it's the only transportation I got."
"I don't need a fancy car to match my fancy dress," Amethyst replied as I stopped the car.
"Good," I smiled as I looked at her. "Because we're here." I got out of the car. I helped Amethyst out and people were already taking pictures. "What's with the paparazzi and the press?"
"I don't know," Amethyst replied.
"Amethyst, is it true that there is a famous boy band attending your birthday tonight?" asked a lady from 40-29.
"Uhm, I'm honestly not sure," Amethyst smiled. "This is apparently a surprise birthday party for me."
"Yeah, but it obviously isn't anymore," I replied. "Someone said something."
"Oh stop," Amethyst smiled. "But thank you for stopping by." We walked inside and everyone was clapping for her. "Thank you."
"Amethyst, if you could please join onstage for this," Tony smiled.
"Okay," Amethyst nodded. She got onstage and sat on the chair. "I'm ready."
"As her uncle, and watching over her the past year, I will be the one to change her shoes from the flats she is wearing to these heels," Tony replied as he held up the silver heels. "I love my niece, I do. But I tell her, you don't need anything to be beautiful, because you're beautiful the way you are. Especially with makeup." Amethyst smiled. "So, with that being said, I'm still going to do the traditional shoe ceremony and the father daughter dance with you." Tony switched her shoes from her flats to the heels. "There we go, my beautiful niece." Amethyst stood up and they hugged. "I love you, Amethyst."

"I love you too, Uncle Tony," Amethyst smiled

"I love you too, Uncle Tony," Amethyst smiled. "Always."
"A strong bond between uncle and niece," I smiled as I grabbed a mic. "Give them a hand." Everyone clapped. I got the chair off the stage. "If I can have you two on the dance floor, that'll be great." Amethyst and Tony got onto the dance floor. "We are going to go straight into the father-daughter dance with her Uncle Tony. This is Perfect by One Direction."
"Did you get One Direction to come to the party?" Amethyst asked.
"They're broken up," Tony nodded. "Besides, I wouldn't even get them here." I set up two mics on the stage. "I did get someone else."
"If you can please put your hands together for Sam and Adam," I smiled. "Who are also known as DotSE." The guys got onstage. One with a guitar. "The stage is all yours, gentlemen."
"Hello," one of the guys with the lip ring and tattoos replied. "I'm Adam."
"And I'm Sam," the guy with the guitar replied.
"Told you your uncle loves you," I smiled. "Happy birthday, Amethyst."