Chapter 5: Beam me up, Sherly

Sherlock's P.O.V.

'If you take more then 5 minutes I'll leave without you.' Sherlock screamed at her room upstairs.

'You won't be able to access the folder.' She screamed back at him, her voice slightly muffled because of the door she had closed to change after her shower.

'I think we'd agreed on not challenging each other, so hurry up.' He screamed back, rolling his eyes and hitting his head against the wall out of frustration.

'Yeah well, I can't choose what to wear and it's hard, okay?' She screamed back and he huffed before realising that her anxiety might be playing a role in this.

'Put on a dress.' He yelled back, hoping that if he would tell her what to wear that she would be persuaded and that they could go.

'But I have only one other-' She started protesting but was cut off by Sherlock.

'Great, throw it on and then we can finally leave.' He said, ruffling through his curls and leaning his head back against the wall.

'No you don't underst-' She began to speak again but Sherlock wasn't having any of it.

'Yes I do, put it on right now or I'll leave you here and lock all the exits.' He shot back and he heard her murmur something that he couldn't quite understand, but he also heard how she opened multiple drawers, so he guessed that she was listening.

He walked back to the living room and sat in his chair, closing his eyes and placing his elbows on the armrest and letting holding his fingertips against each other, he always did when he was thinking. Right now he was contemplating whether it wasn't better to leave all by himself, if John had taken so long he would've left ten minutes ago.

He heard the wood at the door creak, and he looked up to her, seeing something he hadn't expected.

She almost leaves me speechless...

She was wearing a black dress with long sleeves and a wide neck that just showed off her collar bones, it hugged her figure perfectly and ended above her knees. It was the perfect combination of classy and sexy, in Sherlock's mind, and he was impressed, he hadn't expected her to be able to look that good. Furthermore, she had applied some makeup, eyeliner and mascara. He now also understood why she hadn't wanted to put on the dress, it was tight, and it made her insecure.

'You look absolutely radiant.' He said with a smile while standing up, looking outside to see if he would need his coat.

'Thank you.' She said softly, and he heard her voice waver, she wasn't convinced.

'Truly, I'm not someone who lies to please people, ask anyone.' He said with a smirk and she grinned, her shoulders straightening and her chin a little bit higher. He didn't understand that his opinion would influence her so much, maybe he would have to say them more often.

She didn't grab her coat either, it was fairly warm outside and long sleeves would be enough. Together they exited the apartment and stood on the pavement, waiting for a cab to pass by.

'Sherlock! Mate!' They both heard from their left, and they turned their heads to see who it was. Sherlock had however already recognised the voice, and he felt the urge to run away as quickly as possible.

Bloody hell, don't have the patience for him.

He also remembered he was with her, and that this could become even more awkward than he had anticipated if Sebastian would insult him. In some strange way he had grown to care about what she thought about him.

'Sebastian.' Sherlock said curtly, stretching out his hand and shaking his. He loathed Sebastian, because of the way how the banker felt the constant need to humiliate him.