Chapter one

The Big Game

It was the biggest game of the new year for our High School. This coming up Friday, it would be our High School vs our rives. Everyone was talking about it well everyone, but Kim and I. The both of us didn't really care for the sport, or any sports in genre. The only reason why we came was for moral support, and for other reasons that I can't tell you about. To tell you the truth, Dalton was good Basket Ball player. He used to make us play with him. Kim could only make some baskets, but with me, none.

I would spend my time indoors reading, writing stories (not fan fiction of Dalton and I), and playing video game. It was the end of the school day. The three of us was hanging out, talking. Kim was having a heated conversation about how the information in textbooks are not always true. This was one of the many things he enjoys talking about. He was a strange one, something that I never quite understand. I was reading my newest book on the blue bench. My feet against my chest. It was actually quite a nice afternoon, to be reading. I would from time to time, nod adding my own side comments to the conversation. Sometime Dalton would answer back with a warm smile or even a little chuckle. When he did that, it always made me blush. Which I try turning around hiding it from him. Kim lightly taps my shoulders, trying to get my attention.

"Come on Duncan, he says. "Our bus is here."

I look in front of us, and notice our bus number 29.

"OK let me grab my things."

I got off the bench and dust myself off. Then I stand beside him. He was talking to Dalton.

"Hey, are you coming on the bus today?"

With that Dalton runs his soft hands through his blonde hair, trying to fix his imagined problem. I always hated this because there was never anything wrong with his hair. Even so this does make me blush when I watch him.

"No I can't" he says, bringing his hand back around. "I have to stay behind to practice for the game tonight."

"Well good luck Dalton, we will be there cheering you on."

"OK, can't wait to see you there guys."

"Goodbye then", he says coming closer to us.

He hugs Kim. He doesn't really like being hug, but he grew used to it. This was a common thing that we all do. Next he came over towards me. His soft, warm arms reaching out towards me. I was completely zone out at that point. I could feel the warmth of his body, and this made me blush hardcore. Like my whole face was turning red. Kim gave me a thumbs up and mouth the words "Just tell him." I mouth back "shut up."Dalton moves backwards, and starts heading back towards the gym.

Kim gave me a smirk; he knows about one of my biggest secrets. He was the only one who actually knew how I really felt about Dalton. The only one who knew about on my childhood crush Dalton Adams.