Chapter 23

{} Shadows POV {}

We must have been a sight to see.

A crying teenage boy carrying a sobbing girl in his arms with two backpacks on his back.

"I'm sorry." I whispered through a sob.

He shook his head. "No. I'm sorry. I should have noticed. I should have seen it. And now I've let you get beaten up."

He pushed his back against the door to open it and I tried to calm my crying down, knowing that whoever came to pick us up would be in here.

"Holy shit!"

"Oh fuck."

I heard multiple responses as we walked in.

"What happened to you guys?" I couldn't match the voices with people.

"I'll explain in the car. Can we just go home, please?" Blade continued to cry.

"Guys, let's go." Someone said.

"I can carry her." My arms tightened around Blade, not wanting to be pulled away. He makes me feel safe. Plus, it would hurt really bad.

I felt him shake his head.

Each step he took shot a little pain up to my stomach.

Everyone was silent other than me and Blade crying.

"I'm going to have to put you down in the car." Blade told me.

I nodded and tried to stop crying.

I heard a door open and we stood in place for a minute before Blade stood against the car and put me in the seat to the right of the door. I didn't realize they had taken a limo, and everyone was in it.

"Oh my god."

"What the fuck happened?"

"Damn."

Different responses could be heard as I clenched my eyes shut and bit my hand again from the pain.

I felt Blade sit beside me and I climbed into his lap, regardless of how much it hurt.

"Someone please tell us what happened. It's starting to scare us." A voice said as the others climbed in.

"They were making fun of Shadow. I started yelling at them and they yelled back. One guy grabbed her and dragged her to the janitors closet. They punched her in the head and kicked her stomach a lot. While they did that in the classroom I was pinned to the wall. They only got one punch before my friends came and helped me, but she's hurt so bad... And.... And..." He couldn't say it.

"It's okay." Someone comforted him. "She'll be okay."

"Maybe physically." He cried harder.

There was a moment if silence, almost as if everyone knew what he was implying.

"You don't mean..."

I felt him barely nod and I continued to cry.

I heard a few sniffles before anyone spoke up.

"I know you said it hurts a lot, but we really need to see how bad the bruises are." Someone said.

I felt Blade barely loosen his grip on me and I pulled back.

"You can do this." He told me.

I nodded and scooted back to my place beside him.

I forced myself to open my eyes more and calm down some before I took in everyone around me.

"Shadow, we have to see it. I know you don't want to show us but we need you to." Andy told me.

I barely nodded and Jinxx kneeled down in front of me, since he knows medical stuff.

"You ready?" He asked gently.

I nodded as Blade took my hand in his.

I brought the other one to my mouth and bit on my thumb knuckle as he pulled it up to the same place Blade did.

I heard a couple gasps.

"Get me the first aid kit." Jinxx ordered in a more demanding voice.

{} Jinxx's POV {}

I gently pulled up her shirt and my eyes watered at the sight.

Not only was her stomach covered in bruises, but it was lined with cuts. And not just a few here and there. It was rows and rows covering her entire stomach.

"Get me the first aid kit." I demanded.

Someone handed it to me and I opened it up, getting the correct cleaner out along with some gauze.

"This going to sting like a bitch Shadow, but I have to do this." I sympathized as I put the alcohol on the cotton piece.

Gently, I pressed the gauze onto her stomach.

She whimpered in pain and I cringed at the sound. I hate having to do this so much.

I rubbed the cotton across her stomach and slowed down at the worst areas.

She was crying and breathing heavily by the time I was finished.

"We're home." I heard someone say.

"I'm really sorry." I told Shadow, ignoring the recent statement.

She nodded in understanding.

"Can you move?" Blade asked her quietly.

This might be the wrong time but I ship them more than I ship Jalex.

"It hurts." She looked up at him with glossy eyes as she shook her head.

He nodded and got up, opening the car door.

He went to pick her up and she visibly stiffened.

"It's okay. I got you." He whispered as he lifted her off of the seat and carefully pulled her out.

"I ship them so hard it hurts." Mike quoted Faith.