CHAPTER X: Sand to the Rescue.

Minato's POV.

We had gotten word from Lady Fifth of Konoha that Sasuke Uchiha had defected without warning or permission and that she had sent a team of five after him, and that a sixth was en route now. We had taken this request as our way of repaying the leaf for all the trouble we had caused. "We're doing it, let's go." Gaara said and we followed with smiles from ear to ear.

🍃🍃🍃

Splitting up, Kankurō went to help a boy teamed up with a dog, while Temari went to save Shikamaru, Gaara and myself arrived in time to save Rock Lee from a very pale albino boy with bone swords. "Babe, Lee-chan I leave him to you." Gaara nodded and gave me a small smile while I raced after Naruto and Sasuke. When I found them they were in the middle of battle. Sasuke held Naruto by the collar and his Chidori was lit up like the Fourth of July. Flashing to them I grabbed Sasuke's fingers and redirected the lightning to the cliff twenty feet from us. Sasuke dropped Naruto and yanked himself away from me.

"You–? What are you doing here!?" He shouted. I crossed my arms and smiled, "...We're here to repay the leaf." Sasuke cackled, "what a stupid reason, Minato. I know your true strength, I know your strong enough to stop me, but you won't, you won't harm me." He jested too much, pulling my arm back I whipped it forward and hit him right in the face. "You talk too much." I told him as he came back up from the water.

Blasting towards me, he held a fist up for a punch but I caught it, and all the pressure shot out the back of my hand, and caused a strong wind to tug and yank at my clothing and hair. "Minato-chan, this is my fight." Turning to Naruto I looked at him as he struggled to stand. I completely ignored Sasuke as he was trying to yank his fist free of my iron grip. Helping Naruto up I let go of Sasuke and he flew back because he was pulling when I released him making him fall into the water again. Standing at the top of the waterfall I sat on a rock protruding from the water and set up barriers to hold in as much of the damage they do to just the area of this valley.

Unable to watch the battle as I had my eyes shut and concentrating I was stopped when or was forced to stop because I was knocked back by Naruto and Sasuke's strongest jutsus, skidding with my arm up to protect my face I grunted when branches ripped from the trees and hit me. Collapsing to my knee I looked down at what hurt. Only to see a kunai hilt deep in my side. It must have come from the boys fight. I thought and yanked it out, sighing when the foreign object was no longer lodged in my body. Standing I held my side and looked over the side of the waterfall to see Sasuke leaning over an unconscious Naruto and his forehead protector slip from his forehead. Leaping down I stood behind him and watched, I didn't do or say anything I just watched as this guy severed any bonds he had with his home, family and friends.

When he stood, and turned to face me, his eyes widened and then shifted into a dark glare, "your too weak to have another battle." I told him, "move, I don't want to hurt you." He growled out, "you forget I'm stronger than you right now and have more energy." Taking a step back he clenched his side in pain, reaching out for him, my hand getting dangerously close to him, he wanted to back up but his body wasn't obeying him. Closing his eyes, he waited for me to bring him back to the village but all that he felt was a poke to the forehead. "You win against him, and don't ever give up." I said startling him but before he could walk past me, I suddenly seized up and fell to my knees. Looking over my shoulder my eyes locked onto Kabuto as he used his Chakra to restrict my movements something he was only able to do when I wasn't focused on him. "Sasuke-kun, Lord Orochimaru does not like to be kept waiting." Leaving I waited ten seconds before flexing and braking the bonds that wrapped around me and stood up, but Kabuto wouldn't have me following him and Sasuke so he knocked me out with senbon needles to the neck.