CHAPTER XXVII: Kaguya Ōtsutsuki Strikes.

Third person's points of view.

Immediately after the Infinite Tsukuyomi technique is cast, Minato(Jr) watched Sakura ask Sasuke what is happening, and he simply berates her and Kakashi, informing them that they are useless in their current predicament and states that even trapped Minato(Jr) was much more help, with Madara too busy with his spell, Naruto had freed her. Then much to Naruto's dismay, Sasuke was elected the leader of Team 7 for the time being, as it seems as if only his Rinnegan will be able to counter the Infinite Tsukuyomi.

With the threat of them being caught in the Infinite Tsukuyomi gone, Team 7 and Minato(Jr)emerges from Sasuke's Susanoo as Madara returns to Earth. Madara states that he is the "Saviour of the World", and he will eliminate Team 7 before they can destroy everyone's personal peace but before Madara can do anything, he is suddenly stabbed through the chest by Zetsu(black) who is using Obito's body with Zetsu(black) also declaring that Madara isn't the Saviour and that it isn't over. I couldn't help but gasp in surprise as the Zetsu(black) turned on Madara.

As Madara tries to come to terms with this betrayal while claiming that Zetsu(black) is his will, Zetsu(black) reveals to Madara that he has harboured the will of Kaguya Ōtsutsuki ever since his creation. He berates Madara for thinking he was something more than a pawn like Obito was, as the legendary Uchiha begins to morph. As Madara screams out in pain, Naruto and Sasuke notice that his four shadows are disappearing. After possessing Madara, Zetsu(black) reveals that the Infinite Tsukuyomi will turn everyone on the planet into Zetsu(white) for Kaguya's army.

Naruto, Sasuke and Minato(Jr) are prevented from interfering as Zetsu(black), using Madara as a medium turns the Uchiha into Kaguya, resulting in Princess Kaguya Ōtsutsuki being reborn into the modern ninja world. The resurrected Kaguya deduces that Naruto and Sasuke have been given powers by Hagoromo and declares that she has no intention to fight. Instead she tries to kill Team Kakashi at once, teleporting them inside a volcano over a river of lava.

As Team 7 begins to fall, Sasuke immediately summons his hawk, and saves Naruto and his sister, completely ignoring Sakura and Kakashi. Due to his quick-thinking, Kakashi manages to save himself and Sakura, as well as Obito, from their fiery deaths. Naruto questions Sasuke's disregard for his comrades safety, as he warns Naruto that only he, Naruto and Minato with her Yin Kurama Chakra have a chance of defeating Kaguya, and so none of them must die, even if they survive at the sacrifice of their comrades.

Kaguya launches a pinpointed attack at the trio, and while Sasuke manages to save himself, Minato and Naruto with Susanoo, his hawk is injured and they begin to fall into the river of lava once again. Meanwhile, Kakashi's scroll begins to burn up and so he and Sakura also begin to fall once more. Fortunately, they are all saved by Naruto and by Minato with her Nine-tails chakra, the former having just discovered his newfound ability of flight. Emerging outside of the volcano and next to a castle, Naruto and Kaguya clash fist to fist.

As Naruto is buffeted away, Sasuke, with his Complete Body — Susanoo activated, attacks Kaguya from above, resulting in a large explosion. Minato using her tails protected everyone from the blast, Sasuke's attack fails, as he is forced out of Complete Body — Susanoo, and starts falling into the ocean of lava once again, while Naruto spirals out of control due to the aftermath of his previous attack. As his blade melts away, Sasuke teleports to Naruto's side, and receives a platform to stand on from Naruto.

During the ensuing chaos, Naruto's clone, Sakura, and Kakashi retrieve Obito. Kaguya enters a portal and appears behind Naruto and Sasuke. Kaguya begins to cry as she clutches their faces, while Black Zetsu emerges from Kaguya and attaches itself to Naruto and Sasuke. While absorbing their chakra, Black Zetsu explains to Naruto and Sasuke the history of Kaguya's complicated relationship with her sons, her defeat, Black Zetsu's creation, and his mission to revive his creator, Kaguya with Black Zetsu calling her its "mother" and Black Zetsu referring to itself as her child.