Chapter 5

"WHAT?! You've got to be joking! Are you completely out of your mind!?" I stood in the kitchen with my arms crossed as i glared at my mom.

"Avery, I told you. Dad needs me to come with him on this business trip for the summer, so i asked Laraine if you could stay with them while we're away." Mom said sounding a bit tired out.

"And you just assumed that I'm totally fine with all of this? You just met Laranie yesterday for goodness sake's! but yet you can trust her with all of this? I cant believe you!"

"My mind isn't going to change on this one Avery so i suggest you make the best out of it. You'd better go pack, we leave tonight."

I shot her and dad a glare as i stormed up to my room. I cant believe this! Out of all the things that could happen this is one of the worst, i hate the idea of spending the 4 months with the Strombergs the whole idea just made me shudder. I mean i don't even know these people! For all i know they could be murderers! Well maybe not quite that, but you know what i mean. Knowing i had absolutely no way of getting out of this one either i pulled my suitcase out and started stuffing in my clothes. I grabbed my cherry shower gel out of the shower along with my toothbrush, toothpaste and my hairbrush. I also packed all my snapbacks and a few pairs of my vans. Everything else i left, considering id be next door i could come back when i wanted. The time for me to leave came closer and closer, before i knew it, it was time to go. I grabbed my suitcase, went downstairs and followed my parents next door. I avoided their eye contact as we walked up the driveway, Dad knocked on the door and a few seconds later Laraine greeted us with a smile.

"Avery! Come on in guys." She said still smiling.

"Thank-you so much for being so generous in letting Avery stay here while were away." Dad said with a grateful smile.

"Oh no problem! Avery is welcome here anytime." She turned and called "Boys! Avery is here, come say hi."

A few minutes later they appeared from upstairs. Wes, Drew and Keaton all said hello and gave me smiles. My parents said goodbye and eventually left. Laranie turned to Wes and i. "Wes, why don't you show Avery her room?"

Wes nodded and started up the stairs. I followed as he led me upstairs, i found out that my room is right in between Wes and Keaton's. Wes pushed open the door and i walked in. A double sized bed was in the middle of my room pushed up against the wall, two wooden night tables stood on either side one had a lamp and the other had a clock. The floor was hardwood but had a fluffy white shag throw rug that reminded me of the basement. The walls were painted a chocolate brown, the closet was fairly big too. Over all this room isn't that bad, i could live with it for the next couple of months.

"So i guess we're neighbours for the next few months huh? This should be interesting." Wes said cracking a grin

. "Wow! I'm so glad you're smart enough to realize that." I said rolling my eyes. "Now if youll excuse me, i have to unpack."

With that i shoved him out of my room and shut the door in his face. I unzipped my suitcase and put my clothes and everything else away, after i was finished i stuck my headphones in again and stretched out on my bed and played on my phone. A few hours later the door opened and Keaton's head peeked through. He smiled and gave me a small wave.

"Hey, you like your room?" He asked.

I smiled a bit. "Its nice."

Keaton gave me a relived smile. "I'm glad you do, ill see you later then."

"Hey, Keaton?"

"Yeah?"

I hesitated. "Do you wanna play Xbox or somethin'?"

His face lit up and he gave me a huge grin "I thought you'd never ask!"

A/N

Could you guys give me some feedback on what I have so far? I hope you guys like it :)

Comment and vote :)