Chapter 18

I opened my eyes and there was nothing more than an empty apartment in front of me. I walked forward with Keaton following me quietly. I heard the thump come again from the room to the left. We walked carefully towards it expecting someone to catch us or something. Surprisingly we got over there and i opened the door. I gasped. Keaton tightened the grip on my hand as if to brace himself for what was in front of us. There was Wes. His face was full of bruises and cuts, dried blood matted his hair and clung to the sides of his face. His head was down. He was gagged and his hands and feet were tied together. His clothes were all ripped and dirty, his arms full of scrapes, some of them fresh. His wrists were raw from the rope. As soon as he heard the door open he shot his head up. His eyes were blood shot and full of fear. 

"Wes." I squeaked out slowly moving towards him. As i did that i saw him flinch and he started shaking his head no. I had moved so i was right next to him. I quickly undid the gag covering his mouth and got it off. I went to work with Keaton's help undoing the ropes.

"Avery, no. Stop." Wes said in a husky voice.

"What are you talking about Wes? We have to get you out of here,now!" I said struggling with the knots from shaking. 

"No, you don't understand. Taylor, she'll be here any minute. You have to leave me here, i don't want you getting hurt like me." 

"We have to get you out Wes." Keaton said quietly.

"NO! DON'T YOU UNDERSTAND? I SAID DON'T! STOP IT!." Wes angrily spat jerking his hands away from us. I noticed a slight quiver in his hands as he did that.

"Wes, please." I pleaded reaching out again. I touched his arm. Wes flinched and pulled away again. His eyes cold as stone. Full of fear and anger. 

"I cant just leave you here! What am i supposed to do Wes?! You think this isn't scary to me? I'm scared okay? Terrified! I was so scared that i had lost you. I need you Wes! Please don't shut me out now. Let me help you. Please." 

"Just go." Wes said with no emotion. 

Those two words shot deep into my heart. Anger raised and i suddenly stiffened. I stood up and walked towards the door. Tears filled my eyes making it blurry to see. I stumbled down the stairs to the front door. By the time i reached for the door knob tears were spilling down my cheeks. I opened the door to find Taylor looking right back at me with an evil glint in her eyes. I screamed out Drew's name. Then everything went black.

~.~.~.~.~

"Avery. Ave! Ave wake up! It was just a bad dream."

A familar voice along with gentle shaking woke me up. I opened my eyes to see Drew standing over me with a smile. Sunlight streamed in the window warming up my room. I sat up quickly and looked around.

"Wait. Why arent i stuck in a room with Wes.... We got caught... She was going to kill him..." I said deeply confused as i looked over at Drew. He looked slightly confused but he laughed it off.

"I have no clue what your talking about Avery! Everyone's fine. Why the heck you'd be kidnapped with Wes is beside me, but i promise you hes fine. Hes in his room perfectly fine."