Chapter 3.

• Three : Night Out •

September 20th 2017;

I shift uncomfortably in my seat as one of Niall's close friends, friend slides closer to me in the booth, were Niall had previously been sitting. Willie nods his head towards me, and I shrug, lifting my drink to sip it.

Jenny eyes me, giving me a questioning look, as she sees straight through my attempts to hide my uncomfortableness. Jenny is Deo's girlfriend of a few months. She's Australian and honestly one of the most loveliest people I have ever met. She is extremely down to earth and without question an easy person to get along with.

"You're very quiet," the boy, Ethan, I think his name is, comments. I shrug, yet again sipping my drink as I keep my eyes locked on Willie's. He continues blabbering away to me, trying to get some sort of conversation going, that I have no interest in.

I lick my lips, gulping down the remaining contents of my glass as I stand, adjusting my dress and sauntering off to find out what part of the bar Niall went to to order drinks with Deo. At this point anywhere is better than here with this weirdo trying to chat me up.

Finally finding Niall and Deo five minutes later, having pushed through drunk, stumbling people, a jealous feeling forms in the pit of my stomach as a pretty brunette places her hand on Niall's forearm. He looks over at her, eyebrow raised and lifts his free hand to remove her hand from his arm.

I watch his mouth move as he says something, and the girl stomps her right foot. As I get closer, I hear her shout "why the fuck are you being so rude?" to him. He shrugs, cheekily smiling.

"Funny enough, that's what my girlfriend said earlier," and with that, he spots me in the corner of his eye, a bright smile etching across his face as he nods me over with his head.

Deo laughs, grabbing his and Jenny's drinks and making his way back to our table. Niall leans his back against the bar, grabbing my waist and pulling me into him once I reach him. He wraps his arms loosely around my waists, kissing my forehead. "You alright baby?" He mumbles.

"That boy Ethan was..." I shiver. "He just made me really uncomfortable," he chuckles, his eyes widening and his hand shoots up to grab something. My eyes follow his arm, seeing the girls wrist locked in his hand, very close to my head.

Was she just about to pour that over me?

"Don't even think about it," Niall growls at her. "Apart from the fact she's my girlfriend, it's not her fault I rejected you. Single or not, I would have still rejected you. You aren't my type," the girl huffs, quickly rushing off in embarrassment.

I shake my head, biting my lip. "I love you."

Niall smiles, bringing his hand up to caress my cheek in his left hand. "I love you, too," he hands me my drink, grabbing his and intertwining our fingers, leading me through the pub, back towards our table.

Deo and Willie smirk at us, the two winking at me and beginning to slide over in our booth to make room for us. Ethan's eyes meet mine, a scowl forming on his face when he sees Niall and I together.

"What took you two so long?" Jenny asks, staring at the two of us as we stand at the top of the table.

Why aren't we sitting down?