Chapter 2.

• Two : Protective •

September 12th 2017;

I grin as I spot Niall in the distance, leaning against a wall and Dylan standing talking to him. With his birthday being tomorrow, the two of us are having a day to ourselves today and tomorrow spending his actual birthday with everyone else. I'm quite nervous actually considering I'm meeting his dad for the first time tomorrow. His mam and Chris have spent the past few months here in London, however I've never formally been introduced to Chris either.

I know that his father is important to him, so I feel it's vital to make a good impression. I want to be someone Niall's family like. I know family in general are important to him. He's such a mammy's boy though.

"How was class, baby?" I shrug, offering Dylan a smile as I step into Niall's side. He places a soft, lingering kiss to the side of my head, wrapping an arm around my waist.

It's been a bit weird to say the least. Niall has been complete PDA over the last two weeks. No, he doesn't kiss me everywhere, I mean like handholding, holding me close in public, them cute little forehead kisses. He's literally perfect and I can honestly not say I've ever been more in love with someone in my life. Not that I've ever been in love before...

"You two are so perfect for each other that it's abnormal," Dylan comments, shaking his head. I attempt to hide the grin on my face as I feel a warmth creep up my neck to my cheeks. "I mean, Niall, you're fucking whipped," Niall releases a loud laugh, his head tilting back. However his loud laugh didn't block out the scoff I heard after Dylan said those words.

My eyes meet Emma's, who is standing close by with her group of "friends". I quickly look away and back to Dylan.

"He's not whipped," I giggle.

Dylan shakes his head, giving me an 'are you serious' look. "Freya, he's so whipped for you. I mean his face lights up at just the sight of you."

Niall chuckles, not disagreeing as he wraps his two arms around my waist. I look up at him, pouting. He laughs, pecking my pouted lips. My eyes widen, blushing. That's the first time he's kissed me in public. I don't actually think Dylan has seen Niall and I kiss either, and he's one of our close friends so for him to have just done that is surprising.

"I wonder how he got so many likes when she was in the picture? I mean, I'm surprised he could hold her up on his shoulders without breaking his back," Emma says loudly. I bite my lip, my gaze averting to the ground as my shoulders slump. I feel tears threatening to fall.

Maybe I need to start running again..

Niall looks at Dylan confused. "Can we go?" I mumble. I begin walking off, only for Niall to grab my hand in his, pulling me back.

"You're just jealous Emma," Dylan rolls his eyes. "Leave Freya alone. She's done nothing to you other than be together with the person she loves," please Dylan, you didn't. Niall and I haven't told one another the 'L' word yet.

"You're so beautiful. Don't you dare listen to what she said, you're skinny, baby. Like really light," Niall mumbles in my ear. "Not to mention you have one hell of a figure," he cheekily smirks. "Especially when you're lying on my bed with nothing on," I pull my bottom lip between my teeth beginning to feel aroused by his words.