Chapter II ❤

It was now closing time and the last customer had just left so Ms. Linda locked the door while the other waitresses and Nicole cleaned up.

The day had moved slower than usual, Nicole was just glad it was over now so that she could go home and get some rest and finally take her mind off the earlier conversation she had with Frank.

What he was asking of her was just absurd, how could he ask her to be the wife of a man she had never even met especially his son who according to the other waitresses was a well known playboy that was seen with a different model on his arms every week.

If Ravellino wants to find a wife she was sure he would have no problems doing just that as there were lots of supermodels lined up ready and waiting to say yes if he asked.

He would never marry a girl like her much less to even look in her direction, she was not nearly as attractive as the women he was used to being with, the cliché catwalk body type; tall, slender body, small bust, the face of a Goddess and flawless skin and she couldn't be more opposite of that, it's not that she found herself unattractive or anything like that.

For the most part she wasn't badly insecure about her features, she just knew that a man like Ravellino would never find her attractive, her mind ran wild thinking about the Ravellino men.

After cleaning the diner she went into the back to grab her things so she could leave.

"Night Ms. Linda, will you be OK waiting on Mr. Roderick by yourself or would you like me to wait with you?" She asked concerned about leaving her in the diner by herself while she waited on her husband as everyone else had already left.

"You go home dear, I'll be fine until Roderick gets here. Be careful getting home." She hugged her and told her night then left.

As soon as she stepped onto the sidewalk the warm night air caressed her face and sent her hair blowing in all directions.

Though it was late and it seemed that she was the only one out she wasn't scared about the walk home because she did it every night, but tonight the moon was luminous and there were more stars than usual that shined so bright along with the dim lamppost along the sidewalk, the tall buildings casting their shadows and hearing the distant howling of dogs as she walked made the night seem so magical like it was straight out of a fairytale story.

For the first time in what seemed like a long time she felt at ease and relaxed, all her problems just seemed to have floated away in the wind and for a minute she felt like a normal nineteen year old with no worries, even though she had no idea what the life of a normal nineteen year old felt like, but if it was anything like she was feeling at that very moment she wished she could feel that way everyday.

She was just a block away from her house when she realized a mysterious black tinted BMW slowly driving with the back window slightly down. It seemed the closer it got the slower it went and her breathing became sharp as she felt her heart beating faster, her chest suddenly becoming constricted as she prayed to God that the car would just drive by rather than stop as she got this strange feeling that she was being watched.

As the car came closer her feet voluntarily stopped moving as she looked at the car in panic wanting to run as fast as she possibly could but she was stuck in place as the car stopped in front of her. She wanted to scream but her lips wouldn't even part to let out a sound, the window of the backseat was cracked only enough for her to get a glimpse of the persons eye that was seated as it roamed over her body for a second before the window went up and she watched the car drive off turning the corner and out of sight.

She let out a breath of relief that she didn't even realize she was holding.

Still frightened she moved as fast as her legs would allow her to, not once looking back until she reached the door of her house and with shaking hands she took the bundle of keys out of her cross body bag, searching for the right key finding it but having difficulty placing the key into the keyhole.