Chapter VIII ❤

Looking up Nicole noticed that Valentino was the first to become aware of her presence, she became uneasy as she watched him roam his eyes over her body.

Feeling overdressed for the occasion considering where dinner would be taking place, in her white spaghetti low cut dress that stopped mid thigh and became flowy from underneath her bosom down that showed her cleavage and her beige pumps she wondered if his mother and sister would approve of her.

Though it didn't really matter because she knew it was a fake marriage that would end within a year she still wanted to be accepted by them nonetheless.

Nicole had so many things running through her mind at that very moment she was surprised she didn't get an anxiety attack right then and there as she thought about how they would feel about her and the type of people his mother and sister were.

Are they as cold and mean as the young billionaire or more loving and kind like Frank? Will they like and approve of me? What if they ask me something about him that I should know but I don't know? Or what if I say something wrong? What if I'm not as sophisticated as they would like his future bride to be? What if they think I'm not pretty enough to be suitable as his wife?

Those were a few of the questions that consumed Nicole's thoughts. Relax Nicole, stay calm, it's just dinner, was the mantra that she silently repeated in her head to calm her nerves.

So what if they don't like you, it's only temporary anyways.

Taking note of Valentino, she now realized where his eyes rested which made her cheeks turn a bright hue of pink as she became self conscious and felt her blood warm under his gaze as she watched him move his eyes to her lips then to her eyes as she quickly averted her eyes away from his.

Reaching the end of the staircase Valentino came out of the trance that he was in as he walked towards her taking in the beauty that was before him. Innocence.

Standing in front her now was her best nightmare, linking his fingers with hers.

At the unexpected contact Nicole felt a sudden bolt of electricity rush throughout her body as her breath hitched in her throat and she wondered if he felt it too. She felt like small fireworks had exploded all over her body but it wasn't painful. Pleasurable.

That's what it felt like as she stared at their entwined fingers, sweet pleasure, like she'd never felt before. Locking gazes, they stared at each other forgetting that there was a world outside of the ones they were staring at, forgetting they weren't the only one present, forgetting everything and everyone.

Unconsciously, Nicole sucked in her bottom lip as she lightly bit it with two perfectly shaped white teeth before releasing. Something Valentino had not missed as he stared at the now plumped pink lips and now it was his time for his breath to hitch in his throat, something so innocent that required him to have so much self restraint from doing his own biting on her pink lips.

It was that damn clearing of someone's throat that had brought them back from their very own planet.

A planet that had yet to be fully discovered and explored. Something so deeply wanted, yet restricted.

Taking a deep breath Valentino took one last look of the beauty as if etching every contour of her face to memory, turning he graced his guests with her beauty something he subconsciously wanted to keep to himself, with their fingers still locked Valentino entered the living room with Nicole trailing shortly behind him.

"Mother, I'd like for you to meet Nicole, my fiancée. Nicole, this is my mother Sofia and my sister Rosa." Valentino introduced.

Smiling Nicole put forward the hand that was previously locked with Valentino's, "Hi, it's nice to meet you." She nervously mustered up.