Chapter V ❤

Leaving work Nicole picked up Navee and they walked home, all the while telling her about his days activities and what he had learned. Reaching home Navee sat at the dinner table and did his homework while she got started on dinner and cleaned the house.

Her mother was asleep and Nicole didn't want to wake her so she told Navee they needed to be as quiet as they possibly could.

Having finished cleaning she sat with Navee waiting on the noodles to finish boiling while she looked over his work.

"Hey guys, when did you get home?" Her mom had just woke and came out in her robe with her hair all messed up.

"We got home a bit over an hour ago." Looking at her Nicole felt sad knowing that coming Saturday she would no longer be living with them. "Ok, it smells nice in here, I smell," she sniffed the air before completing her answer, "shrimp." Her mom's an excellent cook but she's not able to do much anymore because of how easily tired she gets and is often times in pain. "Yeah, I'm making Shrimp Fettuccine Alfredo, it's just about finished now."

(This is making me hungry🍝)

Nicole went to the kitchen and turned the stove off. Looking over at her mom and Navee at the table talking she dreaded the conversation she was about to have with her mom but she knew it was inevitable.

"Mom there's someone coming over in about thirty minutes that I'd like you to meet so go freshen up before he arrives." Mariah looked at her daughter quizzically, "A man huh? Is he your boyfriend?" She looked at her with a raised eyebrow and a smirk.

Nicole hated lying to her, avoiding eye contact she answered, "Uhm, something like that, just go freshen up mom, he'll be here soon." Mariah looked at her like she was the proudest mom on the earth at this moment. Nicole however knew she would be so disappointed with her if she actually knew what her daughter was doing.

Navee had already taken his shower so Nicole proceeded to her room to freshen up as well.

Putting her hair in a messy bun she had a shower and washed her hair which was probably a bad idea now that she thought about it. Exiting the shower she wrapped her towel around her body and blow dried her hair and it was not the easiest task.

Entering her room she searched her drawer for something presentable to wear, realizing she had no such thing she settled for her washed out blue jeans that no longer fits like it used to and one of her father's old white T-SHIRT that she took, it was a size or two bigger than her frame that hung right below her buttocks. Knotting it at the back so it could fit better she heard a knock at the door.

Putting her hair in a ponytail she entered the living room seeing her mom open the door. Standing there was her fate looking majestic in all of his might, as hard as she tried she couldn't stop staring as her mind wondered off thinking about what he looked like under that suit.