Chapter XI ❤️

"None of your business." Came a stern voice behind her. Before she could turn, she felt his tight grip around her waist.

Laughing tauntingly, Donald responded, "Ah, I should have known she was here with you, I must admit, you sure do know how to pick them." Looking at Nicole, he continued, "If you ever get tired of this joke, you should get in touch with me. Let me show you what it means to be with a real man." With every word he said to Nicole, Valentino had to restrain himself from punching him in the face, not wanting to cause a scene.

They had once been very close friends in their teens, until he had caught Donald in a compromising position with his then girlfriend, he wasn't able to get pass the idea that his best friend and the girl he thought he had loved would betray him like that. They've never been friends again after, and turned rivals not only on a personal level but also on a business level once Donald took over his father's business after he had passed.

His grip becoming unbearably painful, Nicole tried to squirm out of his tight hold. Seeing the discomfort on her face he realized it was as a result of him and loosened his grip, bringing her close.

Looking at him Nicole became flustered at the close contact. Clenching and unclenching his jaw, her spoke lowly, "Make this the first and last time, you ever speak to him. Am I clear?"

Hate being told what to do she contemplated telling him that he couldn't stop her from talking to whoever she wanted, but seeing how irritated he looked, she decided against it, knowing she would only cause more friction between them. Instead, she took a deep breath and agreed.

Just then a voice called, "Oh darling!" It was Sofia, "You look lovely." She embraced Nicole.

"Thank you Sofia, you look lovely as well." She smiled. Soon they were joined by the rest of the Ravellino family. "So when are you guys going to announce the engagement?" Rosa asked.

"Not yet, when the time's right, we'll make it known, until then, I'd appreciate all of you keeping it amongst us." He answered, gravely.

"Of course, speaking of engagement, have you guys decided on a date for the wedding?" Sofia questioned further.

"Not yet mother, and I'd rather not talk about wedding details here." He quickly dismissed, not wanting to talk about it and further, at least not until he had spoken to Nicole about those details and she was to expect, not wanting to slip up and have anyone becoming suspicious.

"If you guys haven't set a date, I suppose you haven't hired a wedding planner yet?" She pushed, eagerly.

"Mother." He said, more warningly this time.

"Oh, andiamo, dammi una pausa! He's finally getting married and I'm not allowed to ask any questions about the big day?" Sofia asked, feigning hurt.

"Tesoro, non è il momento o il luogo per queste domande." Frank stepped in, knowing how dramatic and persistent his wife could get.

An hour later and Nicole had met more people than she could remember names. Most of whom were business associates, and a few he had introduced as close family friends. By the time she had reached her hundredth introduction, she couldn't help but to think about all the things she would prefer be spending her time on, rather than being at an event where everyone seemed to just talk about business. The only thing memorable about them, were the expensive clothes and jewellery they wore. Well, most of them, she thought.

While most of the men attempted at being friendly and respectful, most of the women just glared at her, a few being nice enough to have mini conversations with her while the men talked business, even complimenting her on how beautiful she looked.