Fix Me

I had a dream about Luke. 

I haven't had any dreams in the last several months, mainly because I've been too tired to really process anything. I don't really know why it had to be specifically about Luke. It could've been how Ryan is actually a vampire or how my world is going to shit, but apparently not.

It was a silent dream, like an old movie. I was sitting on a forest floor, except the ground was covered in shattered glass. I also felt really upset, but I didn't know why at first.

I just remember seeing seeing Luke emerge from a thicket, and he was totally unreadable, from what I remember. Once he realized it was me, or realized that I was upset, he bent down.

"What's wrong?" He had asked.

And then I asked him to help me pick up the pieces. It was the weirdest thing, because the glass shards were literally just the leaves of the forest. It made no sense to put so much effort into a such a mission.

I grabbed a handful of the stuff, and then held it up to him so he could see it better.

Luke looked like he just wanted to run away. That I understood. What an awkward request. He told me he was sorry, and then there was this awful ripping and crunching sound.

My chest hurt so bad I woke up. 

I've known Luke for almost 4 years. I'd crushed on him so hard that I fell in love with him, but he was hurting me and upsetting me up till the very end.

I couldn't let this keep happening. I had to go back with a master plan.

I had Calum's number memorized. The rest of the guys heavily relied on their phone. I was the only one who bothered to actually try and remember their phone numbers.

I had just crossed back into California, and I was currently looking for an older business that might have call phones. Sure enough, I spotted a couple outside some kind of law firm. I parked in the business' parking lot with a quarter in hand and dialed Calum.

"Hello?" His voice came through the receiver, just a little muffled.

"Hello, Calum," I said, rubbing my face with my free hand.

"Oh my God, Ashton? Is that you?"

"Yeah, Calum, I have to--"

"Ashton, we've been worried sick! My God, we thought you were dead. What the hell, Ashton. You need to get your ass over here and we need to talk. Right now. Where are you?"

"California border," I sighed.

"Ashton...you...?"

"No problems," I lied, gritting my teeth some. "I need help."

"What did you do? Do we need to bail you out?"

"Calum, shut up, please. Let me talk."

"Sorry."

"It's fine. I just need to ask about Luke. Did he have his surgery yet? How is he doing?"

"I hate to say this Luke, but he's doing so much better without you here. Everything went okay, and we aren't really worried about him anymore. I don't think he really has any of that possessed shit inside of him. I think it was all just...I don't know."

"Fuck him too. Look, its fine." 

I was interrupted by a very familiar car pulling into the lot.

I could almost smell the blood.

"Calum?" I whispered.

"What?" He almost sounded annoyed.

"I'm in big trouble." With that, the phone fell out of my shaking hand.

----

"We need to have...a civil discussion," Ryan said slyly, his teeth glittering in the yellow glow of the street lights. He had walked right up to me, not giving me any real opportunity to run away. I had backed up into the wall, trying to act somewhat normal.

Man, I shouldn't have picked such a secluded place.

"Right...why the hell did you follow me?"

"You're a big threat to us now, Ashton. We can't just let you go."

"I get that...but I promise you, I won't tell anyone. I told you Luke was a demon. I've already got plenty of experience with the supernatural," I rushed. It was getting a little hard to breathe.

"Ashton, we have to watch out for people like you."

"I know, but I swear, its fine. I swear."

"Why did you run, then?"

"I wasn't r-really ex-expecting you to be a vampire? If that's what you are, I-I think it is. It was just really...shocking. You know, walking in like that."

"Ahh."

"Yeah, sorry. But, uh, while you're here, do you think you could help me?"